how to stop Mackenzie Hall debt collection agency from sending mail to my In laws home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I am new to the site.

I want to know how to stop Mackenzie Hall debt collection agency from sending mail to my In laws home, I have never lived there but do get my bank statements sent there as I live in Spain and have lived here for 8 years.

These people have been informed previously that I have never lived there and started sending me letters in Spain but after 3 years of not hearing from them they have again started to send letters to the In laws home again.

I have informed them again and again that I do not live there but they keep sending them PLEASE HELP

Many thanks

little me....

I think the only thing you can do is to make a complaint to the OFT also a Formal complaint to Mucky Hall's Head office.

Make sure you mark your email/letter Formal Complaint.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello everyone. I am new to the site.

I want to know how to stop Mackenzie Hall debt collection agency from sending mail to my In laws home, I have never lived there but do get my bank statements sent there as I live in Spain and have lived here for 8 years.

These people have been informed previously that I have never lived there and started sending me letters in Spain but after 3 years of not hearing from them they have again started to send letters to the In laws home again.

I have informed them again and again that I do not live there but they keep sending them PLEASE HELP

Many thanks

little me....

I had this happen to me. My relative moved abroad using my address for bank statements etc and it was a pain in the *ss. It was not just the letters, but also the many phone calls, a doorstep caller and even Mucky Hall phoning neighbours to see if my relative was living at my address.

This is going to happen to your in-laws and Mucky Hall (plus all DCA's) will say that your credit record shows your in-laws address. If you have given your in-laws address to a bank, they will have given this to the CRA's. So any financial services company or debt company who wants to contact you, may do so via the in-laws. Not much you can do about it.

The only way you will stop this is to write to any company who tries to make contact via the in-laws giving your Spanish address. You could advise your UK bank that you are abroad and they may set you up a non-resident account, with your credit record amended accordingly, with no statements going to the in-laws.

You could deal with the debt issue as well. If no payments, acknowledgement or CCJ within 6 years, then the debt would be statute barred. Send them a letter saying so and that you do not want to be chased, which should stop them doing so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Send the following to the Compliance Manager

MH

ref: In Correct Address: Formal Complaint:

Sir/Madam

MH are sending mail to xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx which is no longer my residential address and I am no longer associated with that address.

As MH is fully aware I am domiciled in Spain and have been so for 8 years.

Therefore MH will cease and desist from send ALL mail to the said address and WILL remove it from its records immediately.

The occupants of the address have been instructed to return all mail from MH unopened and at MHs cost, also they have been informed that should

MH continue to send such mail action for harassment will ensue.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you, excellent advice from everyone, appreciate you taking time to reply.

I have emailed them and also mailed a hard copy. I have a letter in front of me from them to my home address here in Spain so can't understand why they they are sending them to the in laws.

Once again, many thanks xxx

Ok please keep us up to date with progress.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I will, still no reply to the emails, one I sent this morning... My in laws are in their late 80s and really don't need to be bothered with these people when I am paying them every single month and never missed a payment!

Thank you again. xxx

I will, still no reply to the emails, one I sent this morning... My in laws are in their late 80s and really don't need to be bothered with these people when I am paying them every single month and never missed a payment!

Thank you again. xxx

How long have you been paying them ? Do they send you an annual statement showing the present position with the debt ? They should be doing so. Sometimes people can become a victim of cash cowing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Contact their local trading standards if MH fail to resolve the issue themselves. TS gives them 5 DAYS to sort things out before they clamp down on them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:mod: Cash Cow alert!!!

You are being royally ripped off I'm afraid to say, if these chancers have it then there is definitely something wrong with the paperwork.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!