Abbey are hard work!

theyvbinrobinme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, wish I had heard about this fantastic site before I got started.

I sent a letter to abbey in July requesting a list of charges over last 6 yrs and I waited 8 weeks before they even responded to my letter. They have sent me 1 statement since. I have just this week sent off my Subject Access Request with the 10 pound fee and advising them that I am aware that the Data protection act does apply to info on microfiche - I suppose I will have to give them another 40 days to respond (please can anyone give me advice on this):confused::shock: before I can take further action. They really try their best to tie you up in knots!!! but I will fight on - their attitude just makes me more determined!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!:)

• S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 13th October 2006;-)
  • Microfiche information received 20th December 2006 - still awaiting 1 missing statement!!!:-x

hi there, will shorten you to robin or ill be here all dayLOL. yup sorry but i think you have to give them another 40 days, you could try and push your luck but if it ends up in court for non compliance ( and i thas on occasion) they will use it against you. id add something to the top of the SAR letter HERE like " further to my letter dated 4th july 2006, please note i have yet to receive any statements as requested." that will show that while you know you have to wait 40 days again, you now know the right words to use and have been doing your homework. they will still ignore you and try to fob you off with the microfiche argument but you will get them eventually and start kicking up a stink! meanwhile read up on the dirty tricks they use, microfiche argument ( ruled nonapplicable by the OFT here) and the GOGW trick they will use later on in the process here and once armed you can wait.... and wait... and wait for the paperwork to come. it will eventually. good luck and keep on plugging away

• Confused 1

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

hello

sorry to hijack a thread...

my wife was checking her bank balance last night, seems she received £50 charges from abbey, so she was on the phone querying the charges, the person from abbey said they would refund 30 pound, if she accepted the 20 pound charge, which she did, despite me gesticulating like a mad man in the background, not to accept charges..

anyway she queried the breakdown of charges, they could not help, and she was informed by abbey that loads of people were trying their luck in reclaiming charges..

what strikes me as scandalous is they offered her 30, if she accepted 20 as a penalty.....

incidently, she has sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), we are at day 20 now.

the operative she dealt with was michael swan, at the abbey sheffield call centre....... he was no help at all, and what he did amounts to bribery..

as a second thought, what if any is the legal stance on deducting bank costs from child benefit? which has happened on several occasions

by the way how do you do the signatures at bottom of threads, where people show what money they have received and what stage they are at

thankyou, keep up the good work

Hi All, wish I had heard about this fantastic site before I got started.

I sent a letter to abbey in July requesting a list of charges over last 6 yrs and I waited 8 weeks before they even responded to my letter. If you used the template from the library or something which makes it clear you were making the enquiry under the DPA then i would give it a shot although if you didn't also offer the fee they would no doubt use this against you. They have sent me 1 statement since. I have just this week sent off my Subject Access Request with the 10 pound fee and advising them that I am aware that the Data protection act does apply to info on microfiche - I suppose I will have to give them another 40 days to respond (please can anyone give me advice on this):confused::shock: before I can take further action. They really try their best to tie you up in knots!!! but I will fight on - their attitude just makes me more determined!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!:)

just a thought

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

thanks for the replies. I think I will wait the extra 40 days, dont want to jeapordise my chances now - abbey appear to be using all the dirty tricks in the book. I sent my SAR off on Friday 13th October (oh dear:eek: )!!!! lol so only another 33 days to wait, and with all advice and support on this site I feel able to fight this all the way......look out abbey!!!!!!!! :-x:lol: I will keep you posted.

I am also starting to help friends and family- who dont have access to a computer - claim back their charges too, its surprising how many people dont know that they can claim these charges back, so spread the word!!

• Microfiche information received 20th December 2006 - still awaiting 1 missing statement!!!:-x

tell me about it, am claiming back for my mum, my dad, my sistear and my sister in law :lol:

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

had a reply from Marc Winder (he's really winding me up!!! lol) abbey 2day, the usual "sorry you are unhappy and felt you must complain......one of my team will investigate your complaint.....high quality customer service is of great importance to us at Abbey" Yeah right!!!....then send me my list of charges you ignorant so and so's and stop avoiding the issue and ".....we will write to you in 4 weeks to let you know whats happening....blah blah" too late luv your times nearly up!!:lol: lol

Will be sending my follow up letter on Friday 27th Oct. Am quite looking forward to making my complaint to the Information Commissioner for non compliance.....think I'm getting quite obsessed now:grin: ;-)

thanks for your continued support.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I sound really stupid, :confused: but please could someone explain what exactly the 8% interest relates to. Is it because they have taken the charges out of my account (£1247 in my case) and this is the interest they owe me on this amount from the date they have taken until today's date, or does it apply to the time when I was actualy overdrawn (in my case I would struggle to put the money back in to my account to bring it back out of the red, so wasnt overdrawn for long periods of time). Hope I am making sense here!?!.......I want to get this right before I proceed!! :)

Thanks for your help

:)

Sorry to be a pain guys, but please could someone explain the 8% interest bit to me, I am really confused and need to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I submit my claim.:confused::-(

Thanks

:smile:

You dont include the 8% interest on your initial request for repayment of charges. If your situation goes to Court, you then add the 8% to the claim which is at the descretion of the judge, but usually given and added by the Court. The banks also usually back down and pay up at this stage

Thanks for your advice Dax:) . So I am correct in thinking that everyone is eventually entitled to add this 8% on to their claim regardless of how long they were overdrawn for etc. :-| :? :oops: . I've noticed that a few people seem to be confused on the interest bit...........(tell me I'm not the only one ....please.....make me feel better lol:oops: :) )

Happy New Year to all xx

Yes that is correct and they are entitled to add the 8% at Court stage.

The confusion is always with the other calculations if you choose to add compound imterest or interest at the contractual rate. Unless you know your calculations though and can work it out correctly, its best left out.

• Haha 1