Employer not interested in seeing my gp's notes or referring to OH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Maybe I am being a bit over concerned here. A while back someone advised that I should seek a referral to Occi Health. Given that I have been on anti-D's for over 3 years now. I spoke to the employers nurse a few days later and mentioned this to her. She said she would mention it and asked for my permission to contact my gp for my notes, which I granted.

Turns out my gp hasn't been contacted by my employer. On Monday I had a disciplinary for missing 3 days since January. In 2012 I missed 18 days in total (sick certificates have no bearing on whether or not you get a warning). Firstly they don't seem interested in helping to try reduce your absence, only reminding you that you need to turn up for work. Secondly, at the end of the meeting I mentioned the issue of my notes from the gp to the HR officer present. Her reply was, "You want us to see your notes?" Sounded to me like she was trying to make out I was doing something wrong.

My concern is that by trying to avoid recognising that I am being treated for depression and therefore have a disability. Then they don't have to treat me as such. Whether that would mean more leniancy in regards discipline or whatever.

Does this also mean that the duty of care they are so keen to talk about doesn't really exist! That is the impression I get.

Thanks in advance for any help. Even if it's only to say I have nothing to be concerned about.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

at your disciplianry did you *tell* them you have a disability, and did they acknowledge it?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

At past disciplinaries I have mentioned that I am being treated for depression. Unfortunately I didn't point out that it was a disability as I didn't think it was necessary to point that out.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

clearly it is - depression doesn't always meet the 12 month requirement. If our does, tell them.

Not that I am sure it will make a difference to the outcome, as that is a lot of time off - but you want it on record for the future.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The doctor's note should only go to another health professional who will asses them and write a report. HR shouldnt have copies of your doctors notes unless you gave them absolute permission to have them.

It seems as though your employers dont realise that you are as ill as you are and that it is a long standing illness and thus can be classed as a disability. You need to tell them (in writing) and explain how it affects you and how you wish to be treated to help you cope and get back to working in your previous capacity. you need to make clear to them that the depression is basically a single serious event rather than a series of unrelated minor events but remember, they are not clairvoyant so it is up to you to progress this.