Default with Credit Expert

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice regarding a default that is on my credit file. It was logged by a collection company called Sigma Red on behalf of T-mobile. The default is settled however it was not justified in the first place I closed my T mobile account due to a switch in network.

I contacted Sigma Red and they have no record of me whatsoever. I then logged a dispute with Credit Expert. They contacted Sigma Red way over 28 days ago and have had no response.

My question is should the data be removed by Credit Expert? They say they can not do anything until they hear from Sigma Red. But Sigma red are not responding. Probably because they dont know who I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont know where else to turn.

Reagards

Snow_man

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice regarding a default that is on my credit file. It was logged by a collection company called Sigma Red on behalf of T-mobile. The default is settled however it was not justified in the first place I closed my T mobile account due to a switch in network.

I contacted Sigma Red and they have no record of me whatsoever. I then logged a dispute with Credit Expert. They contacted Sigma Red way over 28 days ago and have had no response.

My question is should the data be removed by Credit Expert? They say they can not do anything until they hear from Sigma Red. But Sigma red are not responding. Probably because they dont know who I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont know where else to turn.

Reagards

Snow_man

No the CRA cannot remove the data without the petrmission of the company that placed the entry.

You must raise a formal complaint with t Mobile they will have defaulted the account prior to passing it to SR.

Copy the complaint to the Data Controller at SR.

Use recorded/signed for post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for you help. I have already logged a complaint with T-Mobile. I recieved a response stating the T-Mobile entry has been removed from my account. In other words they are avoiding the question! I have drafted a letter asking them to explain the default entry as it is not justified. I have also requested they contact SR so they can update there records. I will send a copy to both T-Mobile and SR.

Thanks again for the advice

So the default is names as sigma on the credit record? If so, get them to remove it as they own the debt now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So the default is names as sigma on the credit record? If so, get them to remove it as they own the debt now.

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted Sigma Red already. The need confirmation from T-Mobile to remove the entry as the dispute is with them.

Ahh. Perhaps a complaint direct to their data controller is in order. Give then 14 days to rectify the problem, or you'll take legal action. Only do that though if you have 100% proof it shouldnt have been put on your file and you are willing to see it through to the end.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ahh. Perhaps a complaint direct to their data controller is in order. Give then 14 days to rectify the problem, or you'll take legal action. Only do that though if you have 100% proof it shouldnt have been put on your file and you are willing to see it through to the end.

Yeah. I just drafted a letter to send them. Thanks for the reply.

If you are sending a letter as suggested, stating that legal action will be taken (Letter Before Action ) you must be prepared to follow through on that.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: