Halifax card charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a Halifax credit card about 2 years ago and have had a few charges lately for going over limit and late payment. They've sent quite a few letters and phone quite frequently. I spoke to them one day and thought I might as well ask for the charges to be refunded to my card. They offered one back but I refused and spoke to a manager. No joy there either so I told them I was officially complaining.

I've had my written response which unsurprisingly was a refusal to refund. Obviously they referred to the OFT investigation in 2006 but added:-

To make sure our charges are fair we asked a firm of independent experts to look at charges in relation to our costs. While I can't share the exact details of that review for commercial reasons, I can tell you that their findings show that our costs were greater than £12.

I'd welcome opinions if it's worth the cost of a stamp to escalate this to the ombudsman. Normally I'd say court but at the moment I don't think it's worth risking the court fee.

I don't see any recent cases of people chasing Halifax for charges.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

2nd time I've seen that response about using ind auditors on here

the FSA [FCA] stuff is NOTHING to do with credit card charges anyway

another smokescreen

it was to do ONLY with bank charges, they made NO COMMENT anywhere

about any other kind ofcharges.

the CC providers used that to their own advantage.

the ombudsman wont touch a credit card charges complaint with a barge pole.

you might find shelley's threads on BC and Cap1 worthy of a read.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

True re the FSA. I'll take a look at Shelley's thread but given the enthusiasm shown in contacting me I wouldn't be surprised if they were spending over £12.

Thanks. :-)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

matters not

they would never reveal its contents in a court of law

if its only one fob off letter you've got don't give up at the first hurdle

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's because they wouldn't reveal its contents in court I don't think it's worth that route.

It is one letter, but its also their final response, so next step according to them is FOS. At least they'd have to pay if I go to them. :lol:

the fos will not touch a charges reclaim with a barge pole.

they never do.

and Halifax know that

dx

and they

Any other options?

how much are we looking at

slick is quite good with charges

put then in this at THEIR int rate in d 15

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

and they

It's probably under £100. I'll sort out the calcs over the next few days if there's a way forward.

Thanks dx. :-)