housing benefit and job seekers sanction

doosh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your HB will probably be stopped because the DWP will tell the council you aren't receiving JSA, the inference being that you've got a job. You have to ring the council ASAP and explain what's going on, send some proof in, and then your HB should then continue as normal.

Hi, I think that as CT and HB are controlled by the council and not DWP, those benefits continue.

I understand that the council may stop those benefits if the DWP mis-informs them that your claim has ended/been suspended. If this happens you should contact the council and inform them that your claim for JSA has not ended, you are subject to a sanction, and wish to continue the claim for CT/HB because you have no income.

Do appeal the sanction in any event.

Bill.

I thought that if you get sanctioned then your housing benefit will be stopped! so really you telling us that you get free rent? cool

Your HB might stop because you are sanctioned, but your entitlement doesn't, assuming it really is a sanction and not a disallowance. So yes, anyone in this situation should contact the council and explain the situation. Be prepared to provide proof such as a letter from JCP regarding the sanction.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.