Help with Garage issues on new motor bike

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

My neighbour bought a new motor bike 125cc, from a local garage,

the cost stated was £1599.00 he paid £100 deposit leaving the balance to be made on collection of the bike.

upon collecting the motor bike, the paper-work stated balance due £1399.00 which he paid in full by debit card.

upon getting home, the garage owners son telephoned, stating the father had put the wrong balance due on the paper-work,

and that another £100 was payable to gain the full ownership of the sold bike.

My neighbour has the receipt for the deposit, also the full balance paid as stated on the paper-work. Price paid £1499.00

The garage owners are now refusing to sent the log book of to the DVLA to confirm new ownership, until the extra money is paid.

Any help on this issue would be great,

I myself have explained, he has the paper-work stating he owns the bike and receipts as per on the invoice.

the garage made the mistake and should therefore forfeit the loss.

my neighbour wants to pay the extra money to keep the bike,

but I've told him to hold back until I make enquires on this issue.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Pay the money he owes.

If something goes wrong with the bike, and for £1599 for a new bike it's going to be Chinese junk and you can bet something will go wrong, your neighbor is going to be at some point asking that garage for help. If he/she screws them now, they are not going to be very helpful.

Thanks, I've just been round to the neighbour with the replies, ball is in the lads court now. Think he will now pay the extra, all be it with gritted teeth.

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

The Adrenaline is the flagship model for the brand new Pulse range, exclusive to us. It rides the current wave of high demand for performance motorcross bikes for the road. Behind the custom-designed vinyls and sleek fairings lies a superb 125cc engine, air cooled and with a maximum torque of 14.5Nm @ 7000 rpm, spoked twin wall wheels with huge supermoto tyres to provide all the power you need. as quoted on the web site..... neighbour going to pay the extra asked for thus to keep the bike....