URGENT-Scottish power have disconnected supply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone help me please.

My daughter called me a few hours ago-about 7.30pm saying the she had just arrived home from work and found a letter from Scottish Power through her door.

The letter states that they have disconnected her elec. supply / they think the house is unoccupied ect and to call a number to discuss this.

I have contacted the emergency number at SP and they have advised that the number is for the revenue protection dept and that they are closed until Monday.

When I asked what this dept was responsible for - they advised that it deals with issue of meter tampering!

She has been in the flat for about 18 months or so and has a pre payment meter- that she has to buy elec. on a key type thing as she uses it.

The meter reader called a while back and read the meter & I know she has not done anything to the meter

- in fact she has to stand on stool on tiptoe just to reach the bottom of it where the key goes in to register her elec.

She has had no notification from SP about the meter/ of any disconnection etc

So at present she is sitting in darkness / unable to cook any food/ do her washing or even have a shower & with her freezer defrosting rapidly.

She cant contact anyone as phone & lap top has to be plugged in to work and her mobile has no power. left

She is obviously really upset and I think she said the letter says something about taking access as well

so she wouldn't come here in case they come back tomorrow

and try to get into her flat!

She works shifts and is terrified that SP will turn up when she at work!!

How can they do this -- ie turn of the power without getting access to the property?

Are they allowed to do this without notifying her that they were going to do this?

What can we do - as she hasn't done anything to the meter and now she will have no power until Monday which is 2 full days away.

Can anyone advise.

Thank you

Elaine

we have Scottish power onboard here

i'll alert this thread

I am unsure if they work sats

but if they do

i'm sure they will reply.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much-- I just didn't know what to do.

My daughter would never dream of tampering with meter- this was the meter that was in the flat when she moved it.

SP had reading from it when she took the flat ( its Housing ass) and it has been read since then & as I said it was a pre-payment meter which she was quite happy about as it helped her manage her bills.

thank you again Elaine

Ps I was going to contact a solicitor 1st thing in the morning- do you think I should go down this route or wait to hear from SP??

Edited by Queensx
Spelling error

I would in this situation also involve the HA

they are partially responsible here

and should help all they can

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suggest you (re-contact) emergency power cut number for your area which may or may not be Scottish Power as depends on area your daughter lives in. All the power companies list all the numbers on their websites. If it is South of Scotland it is 0845 27 27 999 but for London 0800 028 0247 (and so forth).

They operate 24 hours a day, they should someone round to restore power.

Don't let them fob you off with waiting for Monday for department responsible for the disconnection to be open. Discussing reasons (& claiming compensation) can wait till Monday but the supply itself should be restored within a few hours today.

Also there is no harm in ring Housing Association's 24 hours repair line to say have no lighting etc.

Good luck with sorting situation.

I contacted Neil Clitheroe, CEO of Retail and Generation at Scottish Power, by e-mail at 00:35 Saturday morning for you.

He replied at 21:19 Saturday saying:

"I have emailed my team to sort this out urgently and get the customer reconnected over the next few hours. Not too sure why this would happen but I will dig deeper into the root cause on Monday."

Hope that helps!

And please let us know the outcome, thanks.

I contacted Neil Clitheroe, CEO of Retail and Generation at Scottish Power, by e-mail at 00:35 Saturday morning for you.

He replied at 21:19 Saturday saying:

"I have emailed my team to sort this out urgently and get the customer reconnected over the next few hours. Not too sure why this would happen but I will dig deeper into the root cause on Monday."

Hope that helps!

And please let us know the outcome, thanks.

How did you manage to do that, do you have the op's address ect ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Might get the scottish power rep to PM them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

@farcedirect could you please clarify how you managed to give the OPs details to Scottish Power for that response from them please?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

@farcedirect could you please clarify how you managed to give the OPs details to Scottish Power for that response from them please?

I directed Neil Clitheroe to the posting in the forum here. He took it from there.

HTH!

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I directed Neil Clitheroe to the posting in the forum here. He took it from there.

HTH!

Yes, thanks for that, hopefully the op will get help for her daughter.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I am a representative from ScottishPower and would like to help. We have been trying to get details of the address concerned from the site administrator. Can user queensx reply with some contact details so that we can try to help with this situation?

ScottishPower Company Rep user-offline.png

we already have 3 .

sdaly the op has not been back to cag since the last post they made

dx

and they

Please email the admin address. You'll understand why CAG cant just take your word for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Scottish Power staff member IM contacted me at 16:30 on Sunday afternoon to say:

"I can confirm that electricity supply has been restored to the property."

Another victory for the Consumer Action Group and its members!

• Haha 1

it puzzles me how you found out who the anon user here was?

dx

and they

So they breached the DPA? Or something isnt right. Since new posters cannot PM other members of this forum until they have a certain amount of posts. Not to mention there is no identifying info here, plus the OP hasnt been back since they made the post.

"So they breached the DPA?"

No, at no point have I received any personal information.

I don't know the name, address, or any other personal data about the person who had their electricity cut off.

All that I know is that I contacted Scottish Power and pointed them to the message in the forum here. They got to work behind the scenes and solved the problem.

And all I've been doing is trying to help... :-)

"So they breached the DPA?"

No, at no point have I received any personal information.

I don't know the name, address, or any other personal data about the person who had their electricity cut off.

All that I know is that I contacted Scottish Power and pointed them to the message in the forum here. They got to work behind the scenes and solved the problem.

And all I've been doing is trying to help... :-)

Again, it would be impossible for them to know who the OP was, unless an admin on this forum gave them an email address, and that user checked the email, verified it wasnt a [problem], and contacted them, and they came out to restore services. All after midnight.