• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Marbles Credit Card PPI re-claim??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has a marbles credit card, origionally taken out in 2004 and was a beneficial finance credit card.

He took out PPi which started in 2004 and has paid monthly ever since according to the outstanding balance until I got him to cancel it a couple of months ago.

He still has the card but not the PPI.

We would like to put a claim in for being mis-sold.

He has never claimed on this as when he was unemplyed due to redundancy he just paid the minimum amount.

I have a lot of the statements but not all dating back to 2005

and there are also quite a few charges for various things,

is it possible to claim these back also??

Thanks for any advice

yes he can claim

send an sar to HFC to try and get all the statements

as for the PENALTY charges

those within 6yrs are also reclaimable

there are various links below to read

whilst you await the SAR return

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

I Have now got the statements and completed the fos running sheet, is there another shhet I need to fill in now. I thought I read somewhere that I have to transfer info from this sheet to another to work out the total claim but cant find it now?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Update on offer received:

I got all the statement for this card from marbles. Jan 2005 to Feb 2009 it was a beneficial card then transferred to Marbles.

As all the statements came from marbles i completed the Fosrunning sheet as one long claim

ie from jan 2009 to this year when PPi was cancelled (card still active).

The amount came to around £950.

If I complete two seperate sheets one for when it was BF and one for when it was marbles

each amount is around £250 so total claim is half.

Not sure which is the correct way to do it, could someone advise please?

I had a letter from Marbles yesterday upholding the claim for when it was with BF so prior to 2009

and they have offered £240 so more or less spot on my fos running if done seperately.

They also say they are stil llooking into the claim since it transferred to marbles.

I dont know whether to:

1. wait for the outcome of the second part
  2. Write to them saying not accepted as it should be one long claim from Jan 2005 to present day

If it is two seperate claims,

should they be adding interest for the BF claim which closed in Feb 2009 and transferred to Marbles

The offer is made up of all the premiums which matches my figure exactly

Interest charged on card of £82.12 (is this the compound interest, on my fos sheet it has £98.88)

so not far out if they are referring to the same thing

and a final amount of credit interest of 0.88 on my fos sheet it says 0 for 8% simple interest

Could someone please advise their thoughts on what I should do?

Thank you

if the card is still active then you charge their [whatever] int rate until they settle

as they are still chsrging com int on the Ppi to this day.

to me those figures seem low?

at this stage i'd await their findings on the 2nd half.

can you post up the spreadies please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They did exactly the same with my claim,

they sent two letters about a week apart with cheques in each.

Following ims21's advice,

i sent a letter back,

informing them that i was not in a position to accept or decline their offers,

as i have not had a full and detailed breakdown of their figures.

That was about 12 days ago, still awaiting their reply.

Good luck.

sadwriter.

[ATTACH]46758[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the replies.

I will send them a letter saying I am unable to consider their offer until I receive their decision post Feb 2009 and a detailed breakdown of any offers.

I will also point out the figure offered so far is vastly adrift to my own calculation.

I am just confused if it should be treated as one long claim or two seperate?

Here is the spreadsheet I sent them.

Thank you for advice, hope it works!

I believe the way that they are supposed to work these account transfer calculations is that the BF liability stops at the date the card is transferred and the second calculation should redress the whole of second period (including any interest that is due on the carried over balance).

This methodology leaves significant room for errors but essentially the second part of the claim should be more than you expect and the total of the two offers should match your overall spreadsheet.