don't wish to attend my disciplinary meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't wish to attend my disciplinary meeting.

I've suffered from anxiety/depression for years and I don't feel up to it.

I am expecting to be sacked anyway and wouldn't go back even if I wasn't sacked.

They've not given me much notice.

Can I send them a letter which they'll likely receive on the day of the planned meeting saying that I am unavailable

and that they have permission to go ahead without me?

Thanks.

Yes, you don't have to be there. Are you sure that's what you want to do, though?

Hi Becky.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think that's what I want. My mind can't handle any more stress.

And I wouldn't wish to work there anymore, anyway. People wouldn't treat me the same.

Would they likely pester me with future dates which I'd be asked to attend instead, or would they likely just go ahead with

the hearing without me since I'd given them my written permission?

Can you get a DR's note staying that your health is not the best at the moment?

I don't think you have to go.

I potentially could, but they've given me such short notice that I don't think that would be feasable.

Hi Becky.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think that's what I want. My mind can't handle any more stress.

And I wouldn't wish to work there anymore, anyway. People wouldn't treat me the same.

Would they likely pester me with future dates which I'd be asked to attend instead, or would they likely just go ahead with

the hearing without me since I'd given them my written permission?

They should really reschedule in the first instance - it would also give you the opportunity to consider whether not attending is what you really want. They are under an obligation to consider your well being too.

That said, if you have given unequivocal confirmation you don't want to attend, and you aren't likely to change your mind, there's nothing stopping you from ignoring further correspondence.

The other option is to ask a representative to attend on your behalf to state your case, if your employer would allow it.

I am also suspended from work, I got a call last week off a police officer to ask if I could attend an interview in the police station. I was paranoid, even though I was innocent.

In the police station they asked if I was we'll enough to answer the questions, and told me I could leave at anytime. I'm sure you'll get the same speech. You should be honest with them and tell them your in no fit state at the moment as you've been under a lot of stress. Your health is really important.

If you don't turn up, then they would possibly set another date. however as you have given written instruction, they probably would carry on in your absence.

In the past I didn't attend a discipline hearing and they carried on in my absence, it wasn't a sackable offence, so i gave it the contempt it deserved as I think these hearings are just going thro the motions and hardly justice.

As for Dr's notes, I find it very difficult to get any thing off the Dr or mental health team, they lock me up easy enough, but get them to write a letter explaining I'm not well, you can forget that.

If you don't want to work there any more, don't go, you mustn't let it upset you.

Now this is only my opinion, so probably not a lot of help to you, but it is from experience, they do like their little power games.

You could turn up, it shoudn't stress you as you don't want the job, I would turn up and be polite but make it last all day and really pee them off, act really thick and ask lots of questions, even when they explain something, keep asking as if you still don't get it.

Turn it round and make it a fun day out ;-) nothing to lose, they can't jail you.

Don't make yourself ill, you are important not them, you have a life and don't need power games to make you feel better.

Sorry just reread your post is this a hearing or a meeting.

A meeting is just to hear your side of the story, so they can decide if it needs to be taken further.

The hearing would be after the meeting, I think they have to then give 28 days notice ( but that may just be my company) for you to attend.

Sorry just reread your post is this a hearing or a meeting.

A meeting is just to hear your side of the story, so they can decide if it needs to be taken further.

The hearing would be after the meeting, I think they have to then give 28 days notice ( but that may just be my company) for you to attend.

It is the hearing. Already had the investigation meeting.

How do I word the letter?

Meeting is supposed to be on Monday at Midday. If I send a letter today it should get there in the morning?

I'm even more anxious on the phone and so can't call them.

Myself I wouldn't bother with a letter.

Just something simple, along the lines of "I won't be coming to your discipline hearing at xxx on 25/12. I don't feel well enough to attend this or any other date. Please take this letter as permission to have the hearing in my absence and poke your discipline system up your ............. well you get the idea ;-)

If you are that ill you can request that the hold the meeting at your home. Not an entire meeting but someone who you find acceptable can take notes of what you want to say and then use that in the hearing deliberations. Insist that whoever is presenting against you doesnt have pre-notice of your statement.

Alternately send in a statement and ask for that to be considered in the smae way.

What would happen if I sent them a resignation letter? Would they then stop pestering me about the hearing?

And would that depend on whether they accept my resignation or not??

That would be a better idea, I have asked the same question, but I'm doing it for pension purposes.

I think if you wrote a nice letter, telling them your last day of service, so that you give them the necessary notice, also saying it's making you ill/worse.

They would probably prefer this as it would be easier for them, but as someone else said it might still affect a reference, but if you get sacked you don't get a good one anyway.

I'm confused about the 'giving them notice' part of it.

I mean, I dont intend to work another day there, so am I not giving them zero notice?? My last day of service has been and gone??

thanks.

so you are giving them notice with immediate effect.

I think there is a statutory amount of notice you have to give an employer, not sure what they can do if you don't give notice.

Just send your resignation, I'm sure they would be more than pleased to put this to bed.

I'm confused about the 'giving them notice' part of it.

I mean, I dont intend to work another day there, so am I not giving them zero notice?? My last day of service has been and gone??

thanks.