Process server a yet again.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone give advice? as I'm really worried.

I got seriously ill and had to say of work while this happened i got into debt for £7000, this debt went to around £10,000 due to them keep adding interest and also court costs.

Was served papers to go to court for questioning, i attended court, they agreed that i had limited income and i could not afford to pay anything.

Then around 3 months i get a letter from the Court saying another company has taken over my debt, i didnt know this could happen?

I am now getting another process server coming to my address and he even asking my neighbours information.

If i have no money and rent my home why am i getting taken to Court for again? is it to be made bankrupt and will they take all my money away i have to live on?

In future once I'm recovered and get back into work then i would pay but at the moment i just don't have the income.

I sent of a letter to ask them to prove i owe debt but not sure if its now to late since i already have a CCJ which i didn't attend court for.

At the moment i have £800 in bank which my parents paid into my account to help as i was struggling to survive now I'm worried this is going to be taken.

Being ill and having this stress over me is not helping, just really stressing me at present :(

Regards

Jayne

When you say another company has taken over the debt - did they specifically say that it had been assigned/sold ?

Do you have any paperwork from the original hearing - did you receive written notice that as you income was low you didn't have to pay anything ?

I will try and find someone who can help.

What type of debt was this.. credit card/loan, or something else ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How much personal debt do you have ?

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi, thanks 4 reply.

its credit card debt. in total i owe around £19,000 with other debt although this one debt is the main one which I'm getting all the court action from.

about low income i didn't get an official letter to state it from the Court but person i spoke to in court just made that comment and agreed with me that i couldnt afford to pay anything towards the debt.

They sent me court paper around 3 months later to state new company name, it had written the old one and now this new debt collection agency.

I been avoiding the process server but they have been coming to my address now on most days.

Would they try to bankrupt me? as if i have nothing then what would be the point? can they recall me in for questioning?

Confused as to why i am getting called into Court again for and worried, im still in same situation i was when i went to Court for questioning.

Do you own your own home & if so are you in positive or negative equity? What were the terms of the original Court Order?

No i don't own my home, don't have anything valuable, don't even have a car.

Court made me fill a form out to say what my outgoing and incomes were and what items i had in my home, i filled this in but heard nothing back from anyone until another company took over and is now obviously taking me back to Court cause again the Process server is coming to my address.

Person has even put cards through my neighbours doors with my full name on it saying they are trying to contact me.

To my neighbours it looks like i done something seriously wrong and its embarrassing. Its a debt, i have not killed anyone or injured anyone and in schemes of things in life then it has low priority in my life, my health and getting back on to road of recovery is more important to me.

I found a template letter on this website about proving the debt and also requesting the default notice as i dont remember getting this, do they have to provide this? or cause i already got a CCJ can they ignore this request? and can they still serve me?

You talk about a process server. How do you know who they are or what they want. It is possible that they could just be a doorstep collector. If they want more money off you they have to get a redetermination from the court.

Either I am not understanding what you are saying or you aren't explaining very clearly.. but there seems to be some confusion.

Did this person give you any paperwork ? If so, can you scan it in, minus any personal information, and let us have a look at it. Follow the instructions I have posted below.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

BCOBS

I doubt very much whether the court would have written to you advising that someone had taken over the debt.

BCOBS

I know its processor server cause they told a neighbour they have court orders to serve me and do they know if im in or not, plus he put a note in my door saying they had a letter to deliver and to ring them.

I will try to find Court paper, it was from my local county court and it had old company which first owned the debt and now a total different companys name in place. its for the same debt.

Dont understand it myself as i didnt know that could happen but i dont know much about Court or Debt as first time its happened to me.

Sorry if i am not explaining it very well. on quite stong medication so my memory does get foggy and find it hard to sometimes explain myself well, but trying my best.

Thank you for any advice.

Jayne

Well they certainly should not have been speaking to your neighbour about this.

This is my understanding of the situation.

You received court papers for a credit card debt - you didn't defend the claim, but admitted it and a judgment was awarded against you.

You were asked to go to court in order for them to discuss your financial situation, where it was decided that you did not have sufficient income to pay the debt.

You should have received some paperwork from the court that confirmed the outcome of that hearing.

All the above happened whilst Company A were owners of the debt.

Now a process server has served you with papers, but in the name of a different company.

I think we are going to have to know everything up to this point, step by step.

Who were the original company - who is the new company.

BCOBS

Hi, sounds like you're going through the mill at present, especially as you are on medication.

It looks like they've got a judgment but as you have nothing to take they are trying to scare you into paying.

Remember that if the court said you can't afford to pay then no-one else can force you. In fact the court might be interested in this person's activities.

Also there are time limits on some things.

Can you help us by putting some rough dates to when you got ill, defaulted and the CCJ etc?

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000