Issues with Carcraft deal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please accept my apologies initially for how angry i am today!.

Bought a car from Sheffield Carcraft last year despite very pushy and rude sales as my partner never had credit before she struggled elsewhere.

The car was lovely, she enjoyed driving and we were happy.

Within 6 months we took the car for its service as it didn't have any history.

Thats when the 1st bit of doubt crept in.

When my wife went to pick it up, your team had her stood there for 30 minutes plus as they couldn't find the keys,

they looked everywhere and couldn't find them.

They hen rang the service technician up who said he had mistakenly locked them in his cupboard/drawer and went home.

Fair enough mistakes happen.

It wasn't until a couple months later that i looked through the service book and noticed that it hadn't been date stamped, signed or filled in.

We rang and was told sorry, but we will do this on the next service.

We also had to have the car into you as it was struggling to start.

Your guys had it in and said they couldn't find the fault, a fault that is still apparent.

Fast forward a few months and we thought we would check the service interval,

rang up to book it in and booked it in, gave the mileage and also mentioned that it made a strange noise when setting off

and was a bit loud over bumps and that was it.

Went to pick it up on the day of the service to be told that the Warranty was now invalid because we hadn't kept to the service intervals,

not sure how we checked this seen as your engineers didn't write it in but never mind.

Conveniently enough though the brakes were 80-90% worn and desperately needed doing and if we paid £70+ they would reinstate it and then do the brakes at our cost.

They also said they couldn't diagnose any of our other faults.

My Wife said no as she needed to speak to me.

I have already emailed your team and the response i got was 'No, if you want it you have to pay for it'

Despite me listing the mistakes your engineers have already made.

I also wasn't happy with the diagnosis of the engineers regarding the brakes,

or the service as a whole so i booked it to have brakes checked at a local garage who stated that

'Yes they are worn, but not needing immediately replacement'

However they only looked through the spokes of the alloys.

Despite this i still booked it in for new Pads and Discs on the front and to see if the source of my other problems could be located.

Now this is why i am angry,

3 weeks or so since the 'Major Service' they had issues removed the locking wheel nuts due to a build up of debris and rust,

something they say indicates that they have not been removed for quite a while.

They also, almost immediately found the source of the noise over bumps, the spring that fell down in 2 pieces gave it away slightly!

The brakes were not in desperate need of replacement but were done,

and the other faults they cannot identify as no error codes were coming on,

but they have witnessed and are doing more investigation.

I am waiting to hear back from Carcraft, although i can pretty much guess their response will be the same as always.

Absolutely disgusted with them,

and the fact they let my wife drive of in a potentially dangerous car which had 2 child car seats in

and are still trying to get me to PAY for them to reactivate a warranty,

which as per other issues on here was mis-sold.

A detail i wont go into as this is another case i am putting together against them.

Please if anyone could advise any further i would be very pleased to hear

we have carcraft onboard here

I have asked them to pop in

poss might be Monday now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Dear Dazpo1

I believe our customer service department are waiting for a copy of an independent inspection you have had carried out so we can look into this further for you.

Once you have emailed that in they will assist you from there.

In relation to the service

you state you had carried out within 6 months and your book not being stamped,

i have looked into this further,

regardless of whether the book was stamped,

we would have a record on our systems for all bookings that are made,

looking into these i can see that the first service logged for your vehicle was in May this year, over 12 months since purchase.

If you could provide the date that you state you came in for your service then we can look into this further for you,

but from our end, looking at it 'black and white' you have not had your vehicle serviced within the timescale

and this is why you will have been told that your guarantee was now 'invalid'.

We can see you contacted the service department for the first time in November last year and the customer service department in May this year

.If you can provide the independent inspections and the date of your first service, we will gladly look into this further for you

.Kind regard

sLinzi

Thank you, the service book is with my wife in the car at the minute and i find it quite disturbing that

a, You have no record of our initial service done in July of last year and

also that if this is the case your service technician then stamped and signed the book in may showing the date and mileage of the vehicle at the time of the service last July,

if this is true then i believe that to be fraud....

I will provide all the details requested when i get to a scanner.

I also ask that you re-check your system,

the service was done same time as my MOT in July.

Also done by Carcraft

p'haps fraud is a bit strong.

glad to see linzi onboard

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for coming back to me, the main system does not flag your service up, however now you have provided me with the month that it was carried out, i can see from the back end you had a service carried out on 6th June along with your MOT - i have informed the customer service team who will await your email with the report you have had carried out and go from there.

Hello again

We have further looked into our records and we can see you have had 2 services carried out:* 6th July 2012 - at 23863 miles

At this point your guarantee was fine,

your next service (according to your manufacturers guidelines) was due in 12 months or 12k miles, whichever was sooner

you had your next service carried out on:* 24th May 2013 at 39023 miles

this was 3160 miles over the manufacturers guidelines, this is why you will have been told about the revalidation inspection

to enable you to get back on track with the guarantee and it's benefits.

However, customer service will still await your report and see if they can do anything to assist you.

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding your servicing.

Thanks for that, i am aware of the issue, my main point that appears to be brushed aside is, we were given no receipt for the service, no service report as your technician have already said you dont give them AND there was no stamp, and no registered mileage in the book

May i ask a question on this warranty, did you get charged extra for this warranty

How long is this warranty over

You do realise any faults will be covered under the Sale of Goods Act and any extra warranty offered by car-craft will be extra

If any faults occurred withing six months of purchase, car craft will be accountable as they will be seen as inherent when you purchased the vehicle (SOGA)

Also the SOGA gives protection after six months

It goes on the value paid and reasonable life expectancy of the vehicle

Wear and tear such as break shoes, etc will be exempt though

Edited by postggj

Thanks for your response postggj, the car is over 6 months and yes i was charged for the warranty.

I was aware of the brakes and tyres etc however the salesmans line to us was 'everything is covered apart from pads and discs' obviously i knew that was a load of **** but no mention of the issues i am having. The poor starting was an issues last year when first reported and is still an issue now. It was back with them, but it does appear that there record keeping isn't great.

Pads yes, BUT IF WORN AT POINT OF SALE, NEEDED TO BE REPLACED

The disks no

They needed to be replaced at point of sale if they were in such a bad condition

How did it get through the MOT

Who did the MOT may i ask??

Edited by postggj

Carcraft did the first service, and the cars first MOT in june last year, i think the pads are general wear and tear, i dont have much issue with them as car is used a fair amount.

However the issues i have had since and continue to have are what has vexed me. I am waiting till i finish work to sort the report for them, however the service received so far, the tone of the responses are disappointing.

Have a look at the warranty exclusions, it will surprise you, everything excluded except Global Thermal Nuclear War :evil:

How much did the charge for this warranty

All on finance i bet

Edited by postggj

Hello againWhen we have received the report we are going to look into it for you and see what we can do, someone will be in touch as soon as possible on receipt of your email.ThanksLinzi

Hi Linzi, i thank you for your responses and i will await Carcraft responses.

Postggj yes it was the 'sorry we cant lend you enough, the warranty package however will mean we can' trick i read about. I am going to await Carcrafts responses to the report i send them later today or possibly tomorrow before making further comments as i feel it would be unfair to.

Edited by dazpo1
mistake in wording

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for no response for a little while, today, finally Carcraft have re validated the warranty and Guarentee free of charge, for which myself and my wife are grateful.

On the first inspection the car was deemed to need a new OSF Spring, which they quoted £175 for OR if we could wait till there usual supplier was open it would be £145. We decided to use our local trusted garage who did the job for £91. Once done they agreed to reevaluate the service plan and give us the report.

One point of interest to me was this all started with an apparent major service and on the re-validation report there is a note or warning that states the brake fluid contains 3% water. Now looking in my service manual this should of been changed at the service, am i incorrect in thinking this?

Anyway long story short they have corrected my perceived issues, and outside of MOT and servicing all minor work needed like bushes will be done at a garage we trust and only major issues covered under the guarantee will be returned to them.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I CANNOT BELEIVE WHAT I AM READING...........i cannot believe how many people are having problems, i have just purchased a car from Car Craft and after 2 days i am already building a case for a number of concerning issues.how can such company still be trading?

• 3 months later...

I have been looking thro so many sites and there is nothing but complaints

i have seen someone on this thread called LInzi who must work for car craft

so thought i would post in the chance she gets back to me as customer service where supposed to get back to me

but as usual they havent

i read on one blog they use the sorry iv been on holiday

it must be true because the service manager used the same line this morning

very dissapointed with the fact the people who work for this firm help them to con so many people

I have been looking thro so many sites and there is nothing but complaints i have seen someone on this thread called LInzi who must work for car craft so thought i would post in the chance she gets back to me as customer service where supposed to get back to me but as usual they havent i read on one blog they use the sorry iv been on holiday it must be true because the service manager used the same line this morning very dissapointed with the fact the people who work for this firm help them to con so many people

feel your pain, so unhappy with how they have treated me and my wofe. Amazingly poor service and customer service standards. I cant wait to end my contract with them. NEVER again.