Inconsistent bonus scheme - advice much appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a large company in the UK. I recently discovered that most of my departmental colleagues are part of a bonus scheme, which is part of their contract.

On reviewing my own contract, there is no mention of the bonus scheme and it was never communicated to me on commencement of employment or during my 18 months with the company.

It seems that the bonus scheme was excluded from my offer of employment but was included in many people in similar roles employed before and after me.

Although everyone has different jobs, we all work for the same department and I don't think there are huge differences in salary, performance or effort.

But because I have signed a contract without the bonus scheme section, which I knew nothing about, am I entitled to complain and ask why some people get it and I don't?

Is this discrimination or is it just hard luck that my employers or HR dept gave me a non-bonus contract and my peers contracts that include bonuses?

I've missed out on two bonuses during my time here - one which would have been pro-rata'd for the first 6 months of employment.

Thank in advance!