HL Legal Solicitors letter re credit card debit with halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recieved a letter from HL Legal solicitors yesterday.

I believe they are just trying there luck but just wondered what people on here thought.

It says I have until the 27th Jun to pay in full or have a satisfactory proposal.

Then it goes on to say Court proceedings may be issued against you without further notice.

I would have thought they would have put "will be" not "may be" if this letter had any real meaning to it,

am I correct in thinking that?

thanks

Getstraight

Yes, it does look as though they are using ambiguity in their letters. I understood this was to be stamped out.

I think we would need to know more about what has gone before to advise properly..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, it does look as though they are using ambiguity in their letters. I understood this was to be stamped out.

I think we would need to know more about what has gone before to advise properly..

Until recently I was with a Debit managment company which ended at the start of the month. The Debit was credit card debit with Halifax who have put it in the hands of CapQuest. Last week I sent a letter to offering full and final settlement. I believe that since I am no longer using a Debit Management Company they have sent a letter to try their luck.

I would imagine this is so, but if you are already in discussion with CQ, why have HL poked their nose in.

You have 2 choices - ignore them .... or

write back saying you are concerned at the tone of their letter when you are already in communication with CQ or "Their client" regarding this matter.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would imagine this is so, but if you are already in discussion with CQ, why have HL poked their nose in.

You have 2 choices - ignore them .... or

write back saying you are concerned at the tone of their letter when you are already in communication with CQ or "Their client" regarding this matter.

I think it's a timing issue between departments my letter sat on one persons desk waiting it's turn to be passed around, another department processing a pile they have been passed.

That is very likely :)

BCOBS

That sounds like a plan :)

BCOBS

I have written to Capquest regarding my Halifax debit offering a full and final settlement.

They have written back to me today, asking for Proof of identity( a photocopy of passport or driving licence).

I find this a very strange request, it's my debit and they know my address what would a passport or driving licence photocopy tell them?

thanks

Getstraight

I hope this shows on your CRA file and you've reclaimed everything you can FIRST.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nothing at all. If they have been writing to you, then there is no need for either - I would say they are just data mining.

BCOBS

Hi

I recieved a letter from HL Legal solicitors yesterday.

I believe they are just trying there luck but just wondered what people on here thought.

It says I have until the 27th Jun to pay in full or have a satisfactory proposal.

Then it goes on to say Court proceedings may be issued against you without further notice.

I would have thought they would have put "will be" not "may be" if this letter had any real meaning to it,

am I correct in thinking that?

thanks

Getstraight

Have you got any charges or ppi to claim back

Edited by Conniff