Motormile recording PDL defaults as MAIL ORDER accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi drob,

My guess is MMF are snowed under with complaints, or they are so confused by their lies and deceptions they forgotten what they have reported.

What type of search was this?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

The search was recorded as 'Debt Collection'

Have MMF made any searches prior to this one drob?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No

I find that quite surprising it's usually one of the first thing I would expect a debt purchaser/DCA to do.

I find that quite surprising it's usually one of the first thing I would expect a debt purchaser/DCA to do.

It is MMF we are talking about, so nothing should be surprise!!!

It is MMF we are talking about, so nothing should be surprise!!!

True indeed drob but if MMF have the opportunity to bu**er up some ones credit file they usually take I.:!:

I already have a thread regarding MMF and a default, however this is regarding another issue. MMF purchased an old QuickQuid debt and have been bombarded with the usual emails threatening doorstep visits so I sent them the usual template letter .

In response to my doorstep collection letter I have received the following reply from MMF.

"In relation to your notification of your revocation of the doorstep licence regarding our intention to send an agent to your home to discuss the debt. I can confirm that we are fully aware of this and we ensure that we fully comply with the OFT guidance regarding debt collection and home visits by agents. You are not correct in your assertion that, under OFT Rules, we can only call at your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed or deadlocked and we are giving you reasonable notice of the timing of the intended visit"

"In Law a creditor is in a different position to a postman or a member of the public asking for directions. When you took this loan you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do not have the contractual right to revoke that agreement until the loan has been repaid.

Barry Ellershaw

Get it to the oft. Mmf break the law and regulation every chance they get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"When you took this loan you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do not have the contractual right to revoke that agreement until the loan has been repaid"

If the loan had defaulted and then sold to MMF, wouldn't the original agreement have been terminated?

Ignore it. They are 100% wrong

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

To make the matter even more ridiculous MMF didn't pay the correct postage and I ended up paying £1.09 for having the pleasure of MMF replying to me.... I might send them an invoice for £1.09

I would like to draft a letter to MMF pointing out what they have said is incorrect. Can anybody suggest point to raise in my response to MMF?

Most of the time these people do not call. My son as had about twelve of these "were sending the home visit team" e_mails. Send a copy of their letter to the OFT it is a clear breach of the OFT,s guide lines. Next I would draft a letter of complaint to their compliance officer.The Brigardier as drafted many fine examples

It should be alone these lines

For The Attention of The Compliance Manager

Motormile Finance.

Ref: as on their letters/e-mails.

Please take note the letter sent by the operatives of Motormile dated xxxxxx have in my opinion clearly breached OFT guidelines on home visits. I have sent a copy of this document as part of a complaint against your company.

ALL contact MUST be made in writting and sent by Royal Mail, (proof of posting is no accepted as proof of delivery).

NO agent, representative of Motormile Finance is granted permission to visit my home, should such a visit occurr the person making the prohibited visit will be told to leave. I will also make a formal complaint to the police that you have ignored my letters and that your actions are be regarded as criminal harassment.

I will not discuss financial matter at my door nor with any strangers.

I refer you to my letter dated xx xx xxxx which I know you have received.

For Clarity I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2011 and the sections regarding the conduct of debt collectionicon agencies and I have made a complaint to the Oft

your name etc

I think this will do the trick. If the letters about home visits do keep coming. Then do go to the Police and report their actions. Over the last year the police have begun to take more notice of these types of Harassment

and they are very easy to prove, a crime number and contact number for the police officer dealing with your complaint normally stops them

Best of luck, it took me a long while but you will win in the end

Hello mr_mastiff

Thank you for your reply I will put a letter together over the weekend.

The bit that gets me is "In Law a creditor is in a different position to a postman or a member of the public asking for directions" i wonder where they dreamed that up from???

Hello mr_mastiff

The bit that gets me is "In Law a creditor is in a different position to a postman or a member of the public asking for directions" i wonder where they dreamed that up from???

In law it is different. However, they seem to skip over the fact that When they turn up unannounced and without an appointment, there is no difference.

In law it is different. However, they seem to skip over the fact that When they turn up unannounced and without an appointment, there is no difference.

"In law it is different" ... Is it just the title 'creditor' that is different?

What i meant was that they are a financial company that is owed a debt. They are allowed to come to your home to investigate or ask why you havent paid it.... but ONLY if they make an appointment first. That lst bit is the part they always ignore and leave out of any communication. They simply try and state that they can come and do as they please. Remember, the vast majority of people that owe money have no knowledge of their rights or what they, or the creditor, can and cannot do. They simply bury their head in the sand and let the creditor walk all over them. Thats why almost every single DCA in this country has turned their threat letters and harassment letters into full on genuine form letters. They think they can act and do as they please because they know that almost every single debtor will not issue formal complaints.

No complaints means no action by the regulators, which means the regulators think the DCA's are doing nothing wrong. The DCA's know this, so continue doing whatever they want.

To make the matter even more ridiculous MMF didn't pay the correct postage and I ended up paying £1.09 for having the pleasure of MMF replying to me.... I might send them an invoice for £1.09

This is something you must complain to the OFT about !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello mr_mastiff

So they admit they are nothing more than a Loan shark do they ? They used to believe they were "above the law", although to be fair, they did use to visit with baseball bats !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You do not have the contractual right to revoke that agreement until the loan has been repaid

They are correct.

You do not have the contractual right, but you do have a statutory LEGAL right ;)

Hi everyone. I need your help. Ive been receiving these emails every few days, the same message in each. I have had no calls, or letters, as i now live in Dubai. The address is my parents address, so very scared that people will turn up at there door. Is it best to just email them back stating im no longer living in the country? and i will deal with payday direct? Does an email even serve official notice!? they have never mentioned a ccj in any emails, and far as im aware recieved no post to mums address.

Dear Ms xxx,

NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION

Our Ref: xxx

Debt Details: Express Finance (Bromley) Ltd t/a Payday Express

Debt Value: pound;3xxx

You have failed to reply to our earlier emails and as such your account is now being passed to the Home Visit Department.

That department may prepare for a Doorstep Visit at your residential address and, if necessary, a report on your living circumstances for our in-house solicitor.

If you wish to prevent a Doorstep Visit, please contact us immediately otherwise we may have no alternative, other that to ready this matter for legal proceedings.

If you do call us, you will find our operators ready and willing to discuss the matter with you.nbsp;

Yours faithfully,

MotorMile Finance UK Ltd.

Edited by honeybee13

Dont email. Put it in writing. MMF completely ignore emails. If they try anything once they are aware you no longer live in the UK, they would be in deeper trouble than they are now.

I cannot put anything into writing as like i said i live overseas. Unless i send by DHL or something. Does anyone have an address? and a suitable template i can use? my fear is, by contacting them they know ive received there messages. Ive read that means ive accepted there notice, as its been read.

Personally since youa re overseas i would ignore it. They cant do anything except register a CCJ. And even if they did so, if you have advised them previously that you no longer reside in the UK, then it would be easy to get the CCJ set aside. They wouldnt be able to restart the claim either as you arent resident in England or Wales.