Dorothy perkins & hermes!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered from the dorothy perkins website on June 10th. On June 14th, i called to enquire about delivery and was told it had been delivered on June 12th :!: @ 9:26am. Well, hold on just a minute, i was at work at said time, normally leave home by 8:30am for work. Of course i asked around when i got back home that evening, no one had it.

They promised to look into it and call me back. June 18, i called them again as i had heard nothing from them and i was told someone would get in contact with me by the end of the day, but of course no one did. June 19th, someone called me saying that they are requesting further information from the courier and it might take 72hrs for it to be resolved. June 20th, a call to say the courier says they definitely delivered to my address. Dorothy perkins asks if i recognise the signature, well that is not possible as i had not even been sent any tracking information, so they email it to me and of course, i do not.

I was then told that unfortunately there was nothing more they could do for me, im sorry? No goods and no money? Are they kidding me? I asked them to tell Hermes to send down their driver so that he can identify where and whom exactly the parcel was left with. They called me back saying unfortunately this would not be possible.

I let them know that under the sales of goods act, it is their responsibility to make sure i receive my order, but i was told that there wont be a refund and that was their final decision.

£370.40 gone :-x

Now, i am not the sort to just sit and shut up about it. I will be sending a written complaint to their customer care with a copy of my signature but what else could i do? I mean, am i really going to not receive my items and lose my money too?

Took me 4 months to put that money aside for shopping and now i feel stressed and scr**ed.

now did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to raise a proper written complaint with DP and Hermes.

If you're going for the charge back it is often easier to do it in a bank branch.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I used to work for a retailer who used Hermes.....well all i can say is its very very likely Hermes have stuffed this one up. But DP need to refund you!!! I would be calling every day until i got a refund.

Hermes pays local people to deliver the parcels...and the stories i could tell you.... :jaw:

Hermes are simply awful and I've no doubt the blame lies with them. However, DP should be doing more to help you. What ever happened to the Customer is Always right.

Its worth sending another email to DP marked as complaint stating that if they do not refund or re-send the goods then you will raise a chargeback. They may respond to this, chargebacks are a pain and cause paperwork!

Problem with Hermes is that they use self-employed couriers and they vary in their ability and loyalty. However, your contract is with DP and they shouldnt have brushed aside your complaint so lightly as it should have been obvious to them that you are not going to put up with accepting this loss of their doing.

Now, you say you were at work at the time- since that can be proven I would be writing to them to remind them of this and that they have failed in their obligations to ensure delivery of the goods and that you require a full refund within 28 days of the original purchase. If they fail to respond to give you positive news do the bak recharge. This can take up to 6 weeks but banks are getting more used to doing them. You may be asked to indemnify the bank against a counterclaim but that is not a problem when supply of goods is the issue, they hate it when it is supply of services as they cannot know who said what.

Hi, thanks to all who responded. My bank sent me a chargeback form to fill. I have attached a copy of the confirmation order email they sent me and also a copy of the person who supposedly signed for it, also a copy of my license that shows my signature. I did think about writing a complaint letter but i didnt, i just contacted my bank instead but from all the advice, i have now typed one up and stated that i will hold off my chargeback form for now unless they give me back my money within the next 10 working days but i have like 3 different addresses i'm being told to post the complaint to, so might send to all 3.