Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi all, this is regards my son, he got a fine for Drunk & Disorderly....at police station fine was £80 or go on a course...


He called the course people, attended, but was then told wrong course as it was drugs course not drink course, so he was sent home....with them telling him they will get him another appointment...Never happened


plenty of letters sent to my house for him, I always put return to sender! as he does not live here...


Anyway, hand delivered letter at the door the other day....made calls to the court to see how much is owed... they tell him £120...as £40 added because not paid inside 28/30 days.....


Well collectica they want £420.....so their fee is £300.....Is this even legal to charge this amount to collect a court fine...even though he never attended....


The guy I took the letter off, said they are not normal bailiffs and have much higher powers!


About to go on there site and see if I can find something.....


but asking here in the mean time...is there anything my son can do to paid the £120... of course if there is a £50/60 fee for something then fine.... but £300...That's outrageous!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this on the site.




so are they allowed..to charge £85...then £215 to total £300......As they have come straight to an address they where given,,,No tracing there...Is £215 a fair fee to attend!!


An outline of our fees and charges

Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) Fees


Below is the Schedule of Fees, Charges & Expenses imposed by HMCTS effective from 01 January 2012.


Service Fee

Financial Distress Warrant – Administrative Fee (for all administrative activity associated with the service i.e. tracing) £85

Financial Distress Warrant – Attendance Fee (to cover all visits made and actions taken recoverable on 1st visit) £215

Link to post
Share on other sites

i presume your son got a street ticket for d and d, he has given the officer your address as his address that he lives at, and therefore the courts have that address that the warrant has been issued for as your son has not paid the original fine. the charges are correct in accordence with the magistrates guidelines for full enforcement of a warrant of distress. you must have contact with your son, or know where he is, to stop the visits, and they will continue tell your son to pay the fine. if the warrant of distress gets returned to court with no contact more than likely the court will issue a warrant of commital for him


its your son that would of put you in this position by giving his "parents" address as his residence

Link to post
Share on other sites

i am also going to assume that in all the letters that you have sent back as not at this address would of been a letter saying here is your new course date to attend etc etc and futher steps notices, so they send a letter out, it gets returned as not at this address, he does not attend course so what alternitive do the courts have?? we issue a warrant,

the courts thinking.. he gave this address, we had contact, he attended wrong course, we rescheduled course, now we getting letters back as not known/return to sender, warrant issued


also a stat dec would be rejected by the courts as contact was initially made and it is the address the defendent gave as residence.

Edited by sgtbush
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before a Distress Warrant can be issued there is a legal requirement to send what is called a Further Steps Notice to the debtor. It would be very difficult to challenge whether this was sent or not as you have said that you have received "plenty of letters" for him and that you return these back to sender. Most importantly, one of these letter may well have been a new appointment for your son to attend the correct course.


The problem that you son will have is that he clearly KNEW of the fine....and even attended the wrong course. What he should have done if he had not received a new appointment was to contact the centre to make enquirers.


It is such a shame that people leave court fines unpaid as there can be little doubt that the courts are very agreeable to accepting payment of the fine over a reasonable period of time. But if left....a Warrant of Distress will be issued.


You have said that your son does not live at the property. As long as you provide some evidence to Collectica of this they will very likely return the warrant back to the court. The fees will be removed and I would then urge your son to contact the court to make an offer of payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomtubby, they wont return the warrant to the court as a new occupier as its the parents address, past electorol roles will have been checked etc etc the parents surname, if different from the sons surname will have been linked to the same address at the same time, the courts will get a report as such and the court will make a decision on what route to go down, warrant of commital would be my guess, collectica enforce warrants of commital too, so the fees for the warrant of distress will be quashed, but only to be instantly put on the warrant of commital

Edited by sgtbush
Link to post
Share on other sites

I take your point but I am sure that you will know that BEFORE committal proceedings can be taken there is an obligation on the Fines Officer to ensure that ALL other forms of enforcement have first been attempted.


The warrant is against a named individual and allows for the enforcement officer to remove goods BELONGING to the debtor. As long as evidence is provided that the debtor does not live at the property then the contractor will normally return the warrant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...