length of bi-weekly advisor appointment???

purpleskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently on JSA and my advisor appointments are done by the phone.

I have a few issues with my advisor as she doesn't call regularly (ie: 2 week intervals) or at set times. And she keeps accusing me of making my phone unavailable - definitely not - i have no reason to avoid her.

I also spent the last call on the phone for 40 minutes. Is that normal? it feels excessive - if i was in the job centre would i be kept talking for 40 minutes in this manner? Can I cut the call shorter next time? She is calling at some point in the next 2 days and i want a little more control of it.

I think you mean fortnightly rather than bi-weekly? You had me worried there, thought they'd increased the frequency of appointments!

40 minutes is not at all unusual for an appointment and is not unreasonable at all.

Don't forget that you can request a new advisor at any time, if your current one is unpleasant or not keeping to her word and calling when she says she will.

JC advisors have bosses too and believe me, they don't want complaints against them. I find that the advisors only mess you about if you let them get away with it, thankfully more people are now prepared to complain. Good luck!

Ah thanks - she didn't call me as agreed today. So I called her. I think that was a step in the right direction. I was polite but i think me calling up made her realise I wasn't going to be sitting around waiting for an appointed call all afternoon. Sadly we have not agreed a time for the next call. Does feel like I am at her whim a bit :/