PCN - Code 11 Parked without payment of parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am a regular user of the ringo service in Milton Keynes. Do to some delays I arrived late and booked 24 hours parking using the ringo app. I arrived back to the car at the end of the day confused why I had a ticket on the car. When I looked at the ticket I had parked and used the other registration in my ringo account. As soon as was reasonably possible circa 5 hours after discovery of the ticket I wrote an informal appeal to the email address listed on the PCN.

I included evidence of being a regular user (ringo screen shots) and the details showing I had paid for parking on the day concerned but with the wrong registration.

I had a rejection notice from the council about 10 days later.

The car is registered in my wifes name and today on schedule I received a notice to owner.

I totally understand that I made a mistake and failed to use the correct registration but I did pay in full.

I feel that based on the contravention code 11 and it's description - I should appeal on the basis that I have paid a parking charge and I have the evidence albeit with the wrong reg.

Does anyone have any experience or comment on this that may be relevant or useful?

Regards,

Richard

Hi,

I guess that I have limited ability to prove that here. I can prove that I commuted to that parking location from about 10 miles away (have hotel receipt) as I work and stay away from home in the week. The parking location is over 100 miles from my home and my wife was using the other car to drop the children off at school at 9:15. The payment time on my ringo account says I paid at 10am, the PCN was at 10.28am.

I guess if I was forced to prove it she would complete complete an affadavit and gather witness statements from the other mums. She can not use the car the PCN was issued to as there is not space for all the children and her work equipment.

On what you have said I cannot see the point of going to an adjudicator as they can only rule on the facts and not mitigation. You did not pay the charge for the vehicle on the PCN, it was your mistake not a fault in the system, unfair as it may seem you are liable as far as I can see. You could try a formal appeal to the Council and hope they use their discretion but the penalty will be at the full rate and without further grounds I don't see why they would change their mind.

I would echo that. Since you have an NTO you might as well appeal it and see if you can persuade them to cancel it, but if they say no, adjudication is unlikely to get it overturned.

It's another of many cases where the rules are enforced blindly, and there's no practical consideration that people are trying to go about their lives when suddenly, up pops the local authority and takes some of your wages away. Nice. That's what happens if you make a mistake.

Well I guess I must pay for my mistake. I will vote with my feet and not park there again they will lose out. In some months my parking charges are as much as £200 for that spot.

Do you think I could request a return of the unused charge for the vehicle that I did not park?