Think Brighthouse have extended my agreements ilegaly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

After some advice.

Back in march this year, I got my own home insurance, I put my foot down and had all the DLC taken off my items, which bright house didn't like at all by the way.

they made it as awkward as possible. Had to be done on a Saturday and had to speak to the insurance company, even though I had the certificate.

Today I have received a statement and have noticed the 2 items I had have been refinanced which is ok.

But the dates made me suspicious.

It states 116 weeks commencing 25/03/13 (which is when the dlc was taken off and they were re financed)

The agreements were for 156 weeks. Which works out they are saying I took an agreement approx. 18th June 2012.

I know for a fact this is wrong and I took the original agreements out in March 2012.

so 3 months have been added on in my eyes and im horrified

I cannot find the original agreements.

Only thing I have really is card statements where I have paid by debit card.

I haven't spoke to them yet.

Is this legal what they have done?

can I do anything about it? can I have them prosecuted or be compensated? as this is wrong and I am willing to take it all the way

any advice would be greatly appreciated before I get on the phone to them tomorrow

Edited by monty2000

Hi monty.... i had some problems with these guys applying both products on top of the goods without my consent...

Please go into store and challenge them armed with what you have.

Normally most items from DimHouse are 3 years? ... Are you sure that its both goods that were taken?

I can see your point because it should be for a 104 weeks.... ideally you need to talk to them and clarify... Report back when you can :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis