RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!! - Council will not refit kitchen till 2018

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I don't know how to handle this one, to give a brief summary:

We live in a council property which we pay our rent in full in month as both my wife and I work.

Our kitchen is now 11 years or so old, there is a refurbishment program in place to bring all properties up to date.

We have spoken to the contractor who is doing the works on behalf of the council and they are stating that we are on the list to be completed but not till 2018!!

We have complained and had an inspector round who recommended some remedial works such as new wall mounted cupboards etc, we explained that we don't even have sufficient plumbing for our washing machine which has flooded the kitchen more than once. The inspector(s) have refused to budge, even the engineer who turned up to do the works stated that the remedial works were a waste of time.

To add insult to injury while the engineer we were chatting to about the kitchen was standing outside another property was approached by the contractors to get a new kitchen, the property in question was refurbished two years ago after the previous tenants left which included a new kitchen. Despite the protest of the tenant they did not need one, they are getting one anyway!!

I have written to my MP who has tried to help but the council simply will not budge.

Short of chaining myself to the local council offices in protest is there anything I can do?

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, think you are right, found the most senior Councillor I could and have forwarded him my complaint, he seems to be able than the MP as he's already put something in motion.

Hopefully this will be the end of it!

Thanks Again :)