• Tweets

• Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check and if I still am,  I am going to discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Failure to provide driver ID

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all and hopefully someone can help, here goes

august 2012 i was a new employee for a liverpool building company, after a few months i found work elsewhere and informed them i am moving on, they wanted me to stay but the lure of more money and better prospects was to much, soonb after i recieved a notice forwarded from them of north wales police saying my previous company had named me as a driver with no seat belt, i asked for photographic evidence which was supplied this photo did not clarify anything (to blurry), anyway i recieved a summons from mold magistrate court informing me i was attend a hearing on 15th may 2013 charged with failing to giver driver details, even though i am not the registered keeper, i wrote a letter back to the court telling them that my previous employer are the registered keeper and i could not not name the driver because i have no idea who was driving at the time of offence,

june the 14th 2013 i have recieved a letter of the dvla asking for me to surrender my licence, because i was found guilty on 4th june 2013 for failure to provide driver details, i have rang mold magistrate and asked what was the outcome of the hearing, it was 6 points and 503 pound fine, when i told them i was not aware of the hearing on the 4th june they said a letter was sent, which i did not recieve, i asked could i have a statutory declaration, this was declined because they said i knew of the initial hearing on the 15th may 2013, i have today wrote a letter to the magistrate court as advised by the clerk i spoke to, she informed me the letter would be looked at by legal advises and they would decide whether my case should be re opened, this is a copy of said letter

Dear sir/madam

My name is ***EDIT OUT PERSONAL DETAILS ** ,

case number **EDIT **

in 2012 my employer c*****in ltd sent me a letter informing me i had a

ticket isseud from North Wales police that i had been photographed not

wearing a seat belt, i questioned this because i always wear a seat

belt since i was in a very serious accident with a lorry in december

2005 when i was the passenger in a pile up, that occasion the seat

belt saved my life.

Now have asked for photographic proof of last

years incident to which this was supplpied and still it did not

clarify whether it was me, the picture was very blurred. I was then

issued a summons to appear at Mold magistrates on the 15th of May 2013

i sent a letter back saying i could not make that date due to work

commitments, the letter also asked me to name the driver of the

offence, this i could not do and still can not, the vehichle is not

registered in my name but C*****, also i feel i was not driving

the vehicle on the day of the offence, i would have thought C****

have a driving log,

The next communication i have had since the 15th may, was friday 14th

June of the DVLA asking me to surrender my licence because on the 4th

of June 2013 i was found guilty for not supplying the named driver, i

was unaware i had a court hearing on the 4th of June or i would have

attended to give my version of events, i recieved no letter informing

me of the second court date, and now i have six points and a 503 pound

fine,

would it be possible to re-open my case, i have rang Mold

magistrate and was informed i cannot have a statutory declaration

because i was aware of the first hearing, but the first hearing does

not make me aware of the 4th of June date, even so i feel there as

been an injustice because i could not possibly know who was driving

the said vehicle because it belongs to my previous employer and as to

be collected from their yard every morning by numerous people, i hope

you can help me with my dilemma,

i have moved away from my family in

Liverpool for a better upbringing for my children and the only way to

see my family is driving, i also work throughout the North West of

England, changing sites on a weekly basis and would not be able too

with the added premium on my insurance. i have not had a driving

offence in 15 years and would ask you please look into my case, i was

told when i rang the court to write a letter and the legal advises

would look, this is my only chance,

thank you for your time **EDIT**

i hope someone here can help me

Edited by honeybee13
formatting

Please edit your name, address and reference out of the post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So are you saying that you were not the driver at the time of the offence?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you sent the letter you have put in the 1st post ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yes, there is a possibility it was me but it could have been other people out the firm, this is why i asked for photo evidence, which was sent but is not clear, also i asked if the company have a drivers log and was told they dont.

I would have thought it was a requirement to have a driver's log if it was a company vehicle?

Have you no way of working out if you were actually driving on that particular date?

The reason I asked if you had sent the letter is just so we can understand what advice you are seeking.

BCOBS

i also thought it was a requirement, but they said they have a work log, and i was working that day. have i gone about things the right way now, and can someone advise me if there are any mistakes legally by the court, i thought its not down to me to give driver details because i am not the registered keeper, yet i have the fine and points

It's not a requirement as such for a company to keep records of who drives its vehicles, however if a company if charged with failure to name the driver it can only rely on a "we don't know" defence if the failure to keep a record was reasonable. (Law here)

However as it's you who was charged, not the company, that's not very relevant. It comes down to what you did or didn't do, not what the company did or didn't do.

Anyone can be required to give information about the identity of the driver, however the burden on them depends on their relationship to the vehicle. The "person keeping the vehicle" (not necessarily the registered keeper" has to provide the information required or prove that he couldn't, with reasonable diligence, have found out who was driving. "Any other person" must merely "give any information which it is in his power to give and may lead to identification of the driver", which could be anything from "the driver's name was..." to "I have no idea what you're talking about".

If the vehicle was a pool car used by many employees then I think you can reasonably argue that you weren't the person keeping the vehicle at the time - just someone who may or may not have been using it - and therefore the onus would be on the prosecution to prove that you could have provided more information than you did. That would depend on getting the case reopened though.

thanks aretnap the vehicle is a pool car used daily by numerous people its returned to the yard nightly, i said i would admit to the seat belt charge if they showed some paper work of me being in charge of the vehicle on that day, now i feel its too late, what are the chances of the court opening my case? my insurance is going to hit the roof

Do you drive without a seatbelt?

I know this doesn't help your case but it might help get it clear in your mind whether there was a chance it was you.

I drive a work van and always wear a seatbelt so if this allegation was handed to me I'd know 100% it wasn't me.

anyway i recieved a summons from mold magistrate court informing me i was attend a hearing on 15th may 2013 .....

I was then issued a summons to appear at Mold magistrates on the 15th of May 2013

i sent a letter back saying i could not make that date due to work commitments,

I would not rely on "work commitments prevented me attending". It is a summons ... You are required to attend.

You can ASK for the hearing to be held on a different date, but the court doesn't have to arrange its workload around you.

There is a danger that relying on that presumption now may irritate those dealing with your case. They have already declined you making a statutory declaration on that basis.

You might be better stressing that since you were naive of the process, you didn't check that the court had been able to consider your request for a different date, or - if the court had been kind enough to grant you a different hearing date (4th June?) that you were unaware of that new date and would have attended if you had known of it. Therefore, you ask if the court would consider re-hearing the case with you attending in person, at any date of the court's choosing, under their powers of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 S142, and you will phone the court offices weekly to ensure you don't again miss the court's reply.

After typing the above I note that you have replied down the thread (18:11 17th June) that you have already sent your letter, with your first post at 17:58 on 17th June, and also replied (somewhat curtly? : "i always wear a seatbelt, read my letter to the court") to another respondee.

So, are you looking for validation for the letter you have already sent the court, or advice?

If for advice : you might have been better waiting to give people a chance to offer that advice before sending the letter.

If for "validation" : for the reasons above I can't say it was what I would have sent, but since it has already been sent, good luck!

Your other option (but it is mutually exclusive to asking the Magistrates to use their S142 powers) is a Crown Court Appeal. You have 21 days from sentencing (so, from 4th June, so the clock is ticking!) to do so, and it could be expensive if you don't succeed : on this basis and since you already told the court "I don't know who was driving and can't reasonably be expected to know" - if you were considering this route I suggest you need advice from a legal professional : see a criminal law solicitor & sooner rather than later.

Edited by BazzaS

If there is no work log to say you weren't driving, then there is no work log to say you were so how can they say it was you.

I would claim victimisation by the company because you gave notice.

i have had a reply from the court, there legal adviser

Dear Sir,

I refer to your e mails of 17th June relating to the above case.

You may apply to the Mold magistrates court sitting on 2nd July at 12noon to reopen the case. It would be in your interests to attend that hearing particularly given the court record is that notice of the adjourned hearing was sent to you on 20th May 2013.

Yours faithfully,

Paul Conlon

Legal team Manager

he also sent me this when i asked him how i apply,

Hi, You simply come along and make verbal submissions as to why it is in the interests of justice to reopen. If the court accept you did not get the adjournment notice it is likely they will find it is in the interests of justice to reopen.

Regards

Paul

now my question is can someone help me put a statement together, i am very nervous standing in front of a magistrate and would be grateful if someone can help me with what i say

i didnt mean to sound curt, i was just stating what was in my letter, it mentions me always wearing a seatbelt so anyone asking do i wear one obviously havent bothered reading the posts, and i was seeking advice or oppinion, people with expertence may have there take on my situation, so am sorry if i sounded curt but am a bit stressed with this situation!

I would not rely on "work commitments prevented me attending". It is a summons ... You are required to attend.

You can ASK for the hearing to be held on a different date, but the court doesn't have to arrange its workload around you.

There is a danger that relying on that presumption now may irritate those dealing with your case. They have already declined you making a statutory declaration on that basis.

You might be better stressing that since you were naive of the process, you didn't check that the court had been able to consider your request for a different date, or - if the court had been kind enough to grant you a different hearing date (4th June?) that you were unaware of that new date and would have attended if you had known of it. Therefore, you ask if the court would consider re-hearing the case with you attending in person, at any date of the court's choosing, under their powers of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 S142, and you will phone the court offices weekly to ensure you don't again miss the court's reply.

After typing the above I note that you have replied down the thread (18:11 17th June) that you have already sent your letter, with your first post at 17:58 on 17th June, and also replied (somewhat curtly? : "i always wear a seatbelt, read my letter to the court") to another respondee.

So, are you looking for validation for the letter you have already sent the court, or advice?

If for advice : you might have been better waiting to give people a chance to offer that advice before sending the letter.

If for "validation" : for the reasons above I can't say it was what I would have sent, but since it has already been sent, good luck!

Your other option (but it is mutually exclusive to asking the Magistrates to use their S142 powers) is a Crown Court Appeal. You have 21 days from sentencing (so, from 4th June, so the clock is ticking!) to do so, and it could be expensive if you don't succeed : on this basis and since you already told the court "I don't know who was driving and can't reasonably be expected to know" - if you were considering this route I suggest you need advice from a legal professional : see a criminal law solicitor & sooner rather than later.

Hi phelo,

I'm sure you will get some help with this over the weekend.

The magistrate will ask you questions, so you need to get everything written down in chronological order and all supporting papers in order. Take a copy of everything to pass to the magistrate too.

Try and put something together over the weekend and post up a draft here. Follow Bazza's advice above on how to present your case: apology, naivety about the process, and so on.

hi daniella, my hearing is now on the 9 th july so it gives me more time, i really dont know how to start this draft, i have a week an i am a bag of nerves

Hi phelo,

Start at the beginning.

apologize to the Court

State that you always wear a seatbelt.

State that you left the company and that you feel you are being used as a scapegoat to protect one of their current employees.

You've got a few days, so just take it bit by bit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks