style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking to make a number of freedom of information (FOI) requests to a housing group as I believe their maintenance charges do not represent value for money and are costing the tax payer and residents a lot of money due to excessive call out charging etc.

I am familiar with the FOI process and have done plenty before. I am just seeking some thoughts on the type of questions I should ask regarding this specific issue.

For example :

• I am concerned that they are subjecting themselves to multiple call out charges due to poor issue management
  • Their labour charges are excessive and unjustified.
  • Where residents are being charged they are passing on the call out charge to individuals even if the handyman was already on site for other jobs.
  • due to the fact that repairs haven't been carried out effectively they are having repeated visits.
  • etc.

Now I have no doubt that they went out to tender and their argument would be that the service provider therefore represents value for money. What I need is appropriate information / data to illustrate that this is not the case and that they are not using their contract effectively. Indeed it would be useful to secure a copy of this contract detail.

If you can think of any useful and searching questions on this particular matter I would appreciate your thoughts.

Hi

Could I ask for more detail on your issue as you may find that your housing association does not come under the FOI requests but there are ways for asking for certain things that is why I would be greatful if you could give a brief summary of your issue.

This link from Homes and Communities Agency explain about housing association and the freedom of information:

http://www.homesandcommunities.co.uk/freedomofinformation and it states:

Freedom of Information

Your rights of access

As a public authority, HCA is required to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) and the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) provides the right of access to recorded information held by a public authority. It applies to all categories of information held, with the exception of environmental information and your own personal data.

The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) provides the right of access to recorded information that relates to the environment.

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) provides you with the right to access information that relates to you personally (your “personal data”). The right of access and the processes we need to consider are different to those for official information. Please read Making a Subject Access Request (below) for guidance.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

FOI is pretty far reaching. I am not concerned about it's application.

They are a private limited anyway with charitable status. Basically it is outsourced council housing.

It is true that once you get in to the realms of Government the default position is to resist the FOI request and indeed many organisations will drive you round in circles, which is why it is good to have a clear and concise set of requirements at the outset. It is often helpful to keep the ICO in the loop especially when dealing in situations where you are exposing the organisation and they will make every effort to resist.

It is the specific questions I should ask, to enable me to compile the information that I am bouncing around for thoughts.

Hi

As what you are referring to really is the housing association Procurement process your question would need to be relevant to that process.

This PDF from the Audit Commission will give you a better understanding of how the procurement process work for housing association:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group