confused over mortgage repossession - SCOTLAND

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Could any one shed some light!

I purchased a second property for my mother and it was non regulated, she occupied it 100% for 4 years.

my lenders Solisitors instructed my mother to move out giving her a date to do so, she was told she had no rights to occupy or go to court for stay of eviction as she was not a spouse or child of mine.

Dispite removing my mother, it took the lender 1 year to get a decree and another three months to repposses the property.

Q. If the property had a regulated mortgage would she have had any legal rights?

Thanks in Advance

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A regulated mortgage would have given her legal rights, yes.

Can you perhaps give us more detail. Why was your Mother asked to move out, if you owned the property ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I fell behind in payments, the lender did not send any formal letters to my contracted address, I complained that I was not receiving correspondence from them. In a letter to my mother from the lenders Sols, it stated that my mother was not my spouse. It gave her 2 months from the date of the letter to vacate the property! In formal compliant the lender now states my mother left of her own free will, I have the letter from the lenders Sols who refused to give me a copy until I got F.O.S to intervene and demand I get a copy of the letter! I know my mother occupied more than 40% of the property and it should have been regulated.

Thank you for response

TBH, I really don't know what you can do.

Have you considered make an official complaint to the Financial Ombudsman ?

BCOBS

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/544/article/61/mad

The Financial Services Market Act2000 (regulated activities) order 2001 article 61(3)(a)(ii) & (4)©(iii) also the contents of MCOB 1 Annex 1 being carried out in relation to a regulated mortgage contract. section 2(1) of the Misrepresentation Act of1967

I can’t understand how my Mum got kicked out, it took over a year to repo property! three months after kicking her out I got demands for payment. F.O.S I can re apply my compliant not happy to do that, BCOB is the way forward.

Q. Regulated would they have kicked her out.

Q. what right did they have kicking her out unregulated.

Edited by stress

I don't know the answers, but was the mortgage provider aware that the property was not for your own use?

It is usual for second mortgages to be unregulated which seems to remove a lot of borrowers rights.

I believe that this is something that the new Financial Conduct Authority may be looking at, but that doesn't help you now.

Who is the lender?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I fell behind in payments, the lender did not send any formal letters to my contracted address, I complained that I was not receiving correspondence from them. In a letter to my mother from the lenders Sols, it stated that my mother was not my spouse. It gave her 2 months from the date of the letter to vacate the property! In formal compliant the lender now states my mother left of her own free will, I have the letter from the lenders Sols who refused to give me a copy until I got F.O.S to intervene and demand I get a copy of the letter! I know my mother occupied more than 40% of the property and it should have been regulated.

Thank you for response

Who occupied the other 60% and why do you think that it should have been regulated? If it was your mortgage and a second one then I believe that would be unregulated?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I don't know the answers, but was the mortgage provider aware that the property was not for your own use?

It is usual for second mortgages to be unregulated which seems to remove a lot of borrowers rights.

I believe that this is something that the new Financial Conduct Authority may be looking at, but that doesn't help you now.

Who is the lender?

On the Mortgage application the tick box stating "will the property be occupied by a relative" Yes was ticked but I think this has gone unnoticed when being prepossessed.

If the property is occupied 40% by parent, brother, sister spouse then must be regulated.

Would do me no harm to contact the new Financial Conduct Authority they might be able to shed some light.

Who occupied the other 60% and why do you think that it should have been regulated? If it was your mortgage and a second one then I believe that would be unregulated?

Mother occupied 100% of the property!... must be regulated if more than 40% is occupied by spouse, parent, brother, sister

Formal compliant to lender came back stating "we have investigated your compliant sorry you felt the need to complain good bye" nothing to say we think this is what has happened or our records show, Just we have investigated your compliant.

Edited by stress

• 1 month later...

Confused!. Maybe someone could shed some light as to how this is right. I bought a property for my mother to live in, I got into difficulty paying the mortgage due to divorce proceedings. The lender was sending correspondence to my mother’s address not the contractual address the mortgage was taken out on (my address) the lenders told my mother to vacate the property giving her 2 months to do so, this was done before any court decree was granted, she moved out exactly 2 months from date of letter! Decree was granted to the lender 6 days later. Can’t get my head round this bit, I was confirmed by the lender as proprietor of the property! I did not live in the property so it was empty and vacant, the lender states my mother was told to leave so vacant possession could take place, I was responsible for the property insurance, maintenance so forth, 4 months after removing my mother I receive alerter saying you are in arrears please let us know what you intend to pay(done that) 8 months later they reposes, with the intention of getting vacant possession. Confused how could they remove my mother before decree, allow the property to remain vacant for 1 yr stating that I am the proprietor, my responsibility! Property was not Buy to let but re mortgage.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?389265-Regulated-Mortgage

Stress, is this thread in respect of the issues in your thread linked above ?

BCOBS

Not a problem, I will merge both threads else people will not have the full story :) You don't have to do anything at all.

BCOBS

Pre Action Requirements

1. Standard arrears letter

2. Notice of default

3. Calling up notice

4. Decree for repossession.

I believe that the only time a lender can evict any one from a property is only after decree has been granted, am I wrong?..