Sort of RLP problem but more to it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved from Clapham to the Isle of Wight in Feb 2010.

About 6 months ago I got a pile of letters forwarded from my old address via the Estate Agents who sold my house.

These letters were from RLP about an incident in March 2012. The name on the letters is nothing like mine BUT the current owner of the house ( a male) was saying it was nothing to do with him as the addressee is female and there are no females living at the address.

I returned all the letters to him and made it clear that if the address was being used its HIS problem and he needs to sort it out. ( however thankfully I did actually scan one of the letters.)

The parcel of letters plus a couple more came back to me last month and again I sent them back as its nothing to do with me and to contact RLP.

Yesterday I got a letter from RLP addressed to my NEW address and with my correct name (obviously given to them by the chap in my old address) ref the same incident.

Looking at RLP website it says to contact the Police if my identity has been stolen and to get a crime number, I have just got back from the nick and quite rightly as the initial letters was addressed to a different person to me and at an address where I no longer live, no ID fraud has taken place according to the Police so they wont give me a crime reference number although I do have the name of the copper i spoke to.

Also their website says to send Photo ID to prove who I am. Now I don't have photo ID ( No requirement in law for me to do so) so thats out of the question.

I do have proof of course as to when I sold the property Land registry details and the voting register, BUT of course they are going to say that it doesn't mean I am not the person who stole the items.

Now they have got my name and address they are going to go after me so not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Now they have got my name and address they are going to go after me so not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Send RLP a short letter:

Dear Sirs

I refer to previous correspondence.

You have already been made aware that I am not the person referred to you in your original correspondence. You have now, by changing the name and address to mine, apparently decided that this makes me liable. It does not.

Your speculative demands for money I do not owe have caused me anxiety and distress, and I consider that your letters are sent for this purpose in an attempt to make me pay money I do not owe.

I require you to cease and desist from harassing me, and to cease processing my data at once.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

Don't be tempted to go into detail about anything; experience shows that RLP will seek to respond to every point with pseudo-legal nonsense.

I don't for a minute imagine that the letter above will stop RLP writing to you. These are people whose stock in trade is bullying. However, all they can do is send their silly letters, and nothing else. All you need is to be resilient and ignore their threats.

The usual form is that you will get a series of increasingly long, rambling and desperate letters, each containing more ridiculous drivel than the last. At some point they will realise that you aren't going to pay, and stop. You'd imagine that they'd realise this early on, but I suspect we are dealing with someone with some form of narcissistic personality disorder - hence the grandiose posturing, sense of entitlement and ideation that even in the face of hard evidence, she is right and you are wrong.

If they continue you might, if you like, want to report them to police under the Malicious Communications Act, as it is an offence to "send or deliver letters or other articles for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety". You could also sue them for damages under the Protection from Harassment Act.

Please don't be worried about these clowns; their letters are unpleasant, and designed to be so, but sending them is all RLP will do.

Please do come back if you have any more from them. You should keep all the paperwork, incidentally, as evidence, in case it should be needed.

I would love to see RLP put this in front of a court. Especially when the defendant is NOT the person they are looking for, and have repeatedly been told so.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D