• Tweets

• yea so, in my case they went after my employer. Then stopped going after my employer and started going after me instead as they suspected me. I did not have the option of not replying as my employer replied and prompted me to reply.    I am not sure what the typical settlement demands are for the software package you being accused of using.    In my case they wanted me to either buy solid works premium with 1 year subscription which is like 11k USD. Even though I am being accused of using the basic package worth like 4k or 5.8k with subscription taxes etc.  The other settlement option they offered was for 5k with no software.    You should look up your countries court case filing data base to try and understand how litigious they are. How many case they have filed for similar infringements. The profiles of the accused company's and how those cases ended.     In my case Dassault systems had about 6 similar case filings in the past 3 years for all of the USA.    Based on my estimates it seems they are going after offenders enmasse and that the 6 cases represent a small percentage of total potential infringement cases. As solid works is a wildly popular software used by many. Just about any collage engineering student has a pirated copy of this.    So these were all factors I used in my decision to bounce black ignore.    You are dealing with ANSYS and so it is worth trying to understand thy enemy and try to understand their business model in pursuit of these cases.   For example the music industry wasted billions of $ with bit torrent law suits to try and make an example of ppl with the goal of scaring the masses to comply.   This was not Dassaults business model. Other then the 6 cases they filed (perhaps to make an example out of ppl) they seem to want to shake ppl down for easy license sales and settlement penalty fees.                 
    • Well it would be preferable that the seller took responsibility for it, but you already seem to be saying that you are not getting any replies from that person. You do have your own direct rights of action against Hermes under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. If you read around this sub- forum about Hermes delivery problems, you will find a lot written about it and you will understand. You say that it wasn't really discussed whether or not to go through the sales site checkout system – but it must have been surely. Somebody must have decided to do the deal directly. As I suggested, you could pursue Hermes but the evidence you have is very scant and I don't really fancy your chances. I think you haven't protected yourself properly – and the real problem is that the tracking number doesn't relate to your address. Generally speaking with these problems, you would have a tracking number that relates to your address and that it hasn't been delivered. Here we seem to have a tracking number the relates to a different address and apparently it has been delivered to that address. This makes it all sound very suspiciously like a scam and anyway, if you try to bring a claim against Hermes you would have to show that it was addressed to your own address – and you can't do this. Unless you can get some better evidence and get some cooperation from the seller, I think that you are probably going to have to suffer the loss. I'm very sorry about this – if you had checked out correctly and also if you had paid by credit card or by debit card then you probably could have gotten your money back. In fact it seems that all the normal methods of protection have been completely sidelined – and from the sounds of it, they were sidelined at the instigation of the seller. I don't know how you're going to ascertain if the seller is really at the address they gave you. That would be my starting point. I think you should make a couple of more tries to contact the seller – and I would keep it very gentle and very polite and not express any suspicion in them because otherwise they will simply close up and you will get an aggressive response or no response at all. If you try very gently and politely, you might eventually manage to coax a response. The other thing you could do is you can search the land registry register for that address and see who owns that property. Of course if they are simply renting the property then it won't give you any clues. I suppose it is more likely than not that they are renting the property – but you never know if it is not a false address then maybe their parents live there. This might give you something to go on
    • Hi, would appreciate advice on how to take this forward.   On 13/11/20 I ordered a TV and wall bracket from Currys. This was paid for with a re-loadable Currys gift card.The TV bracket was to be delivered on 17/11/20 but DPD turned up with a Coffee Machine. I refused delivery and they took back and this has been returned to Currys. I have contacted Currys via both their webchat and phone on 18/11/20, 25/11/20 & today (28/11/20) to ask they send the correct item out. I was told on the first call on 18/11/20 a exchange would be processed to get the TV bracket sent out. I heard nothing and I did a webchat on 25/11/20 where they said the incorrect item had been received back but the relevant dept hadn't processed the return so the exchange couldn't be actioned. They said they would escalate and to give them 48 hours. Having heard nothing I called again today and again they said they would contact the dept but I'm really feeling I'm getting the runaround. I would prefer to get them to send the correct item but this is dragging on and I'm getting weary of it all and I'm almost at the stage of asking them to just refund and getting the bracket elsewhere. The TV arrived ok but I cannot set up due to the non delivery of the bracket. Would appreciate any advice you guys have as to getting resolved. I live in Glasgow. Many thanks.
    • any penalties are unlawful. deal if you must with solidworks directly. trust me they wont know a thing about your present use of it   there is no evidence here CJCH do nor can do..anything  only the owner of the software can enforce licensing and they are not even in the UK.    
    • desperation ..please fund our xmas party with free drinks.    
  • Our picks

trying to find a specific law book

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2722 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Strange question i know

I am trying to locate a publication called

Lord Justice Auld's Review of the Criminal Courts of England and Wales

I believe it was published September 2001

I have tried

HMSO, Ebay, Amazon

any ideas

Do you know the isbn number. If so then any book shop can get it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's not a book. It is a report which was published in 2001.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Does the stationary shop sell the stationery the OP needs? ;)