• Tweets

• If the windows had already been made and were ready to install, he would surely have offered to do it without further delay.   Instead of arguing the toss with you, why is he not trying to sort a day to install and rescue the situation.   Despite the good reviews for the company, I'm not impressed but see what Bankfodder suggests.
    • Thanks DX, I've read these a few times over. I'm feel like I'm pretty confident on the subject.   Do you think I should play dumb and quote the law of property act etc anyway?   The only thing I'm not sure about is the process now, I'm obviously very inexperienced in this and I'm not 100% sure what the sherrifs order is asking of me (post #53). Or maybe I don't need to do anything at all because I'm not submitting any documents as evidence?   The order is post #53 and I'm not sure what they mean by written submissions? is there a form or correct format/process for doing this?   Again, appreciate the help DX and sorry for all the Qs.  
    • Hmm, that is a challenge, my computer ability is limited to copy and paste, which I have included below. Is it very important? I can try and find out but I have the email reply and that is all, sorry   Friday, October 23, 2020 5:28:53 PM To: enquiries@idealwindowsolutions.co.uk <enquiries@idealwindowsolutions.co.uk> Subject: Order cancellation RF14127D   Dear Ideal Window Solutions,   On the 11 of June I signed a contract with you to deliver and install double glazed windows. I was promised to get it done within 8 weeks. The timing was very important to me, I made it very clear to you, and this was the main reason I chose your company. For all kind of reasons your promises did not materialised. After a number of phone calls and emails between us I have decided to cancel my contract with you. I am not prepared to wait any longer, also I have no intentions to install windows during rainy winter time.  Could you be so kind to refund me my deposit of £100 pounds. If after winter time you will get your problems with your suppliers solved please give me a call, maybe we can try again. I will need  new windows anyway. Kind regards,
    • An update - The salesman who has dealt with most of this is off on Mondays which never helps and the senior service person there who I spoke to last week is also off all week.   I got a call from a service advisor today confirming the booking but was concerned I was waiting - explained (again) the story and he understood but on his job card, only had that he had to investigate the tyres and not necessarily replace.  Someone either is not communicating or I've been told lies.  I have gone through the recording and the salesman clearly states he has gone to upper management, discussed it and we will be replacing the tyres and battery to sort everything out.   Sat nav will be resolved tomorrow and they'll be looking at the broken sun visor.  I have also emailed regarding the gearbox service - I have a good friend working at Audi servicing at another group and he had mentioned Audi should be carrying out servicing if due within 4 months or so and this was.  I raised it pre-collection a number of times and was shutdown each time with "if a service needs to be done, it will be done"   Fast forward to today when I got the job card to sign in advance, it clearly states: Date: 20/10/2020 (our pickup day) Carried out MPC & oil service Haldex Reqs gear oil service.   The Gearbox service is due at 38k and the car was sold at 35500 well within the 4k which is probably why their own systems have flagged it. Haldex I'm not sure - this seems to be every 20k I think so due in 4.5k.  Oil service I can't see how they did it as the service history we got from them (verified by another dealer) was from September.   Lets see what they say tomorrow - I have flagged it with the service advisor from today but got no response.   Ironically, the friend did mention they've had other POA buyers book their car in elsewhere only to be told various handover bits were not done - I thought it was typical dealer rivalry talk but maybe there is truth in it.  
    • The Garde Bridge Project which never took off lost £43 million of public money.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Lowell and vanquis issues summons county court help!!!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If no CCA ever existed, then they would be perjuring themselves in court to say that there was. If your wife is convinced it was a flyer, then she just needs to stick to her guns and as it is their claim, they will indeed need to prove otherwise.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no CCA ever existed, then they would be perjuring themselves in court to say that there was. If your wife is convinced it was a flyer, then she just needs to stick to her guns and as it is their claim, they will indeed need to prove otherwise.

im hoping thats true but with the horror stories I read on here about DJ's given DCA's and banks so much latitude and the the benefit of the doubt .......then I m getting less confident... The system seems a bit stacked against us now.....

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

• 2 weeks later...

No response yet or communications from MCOL or Lowells Geoff

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

• 3 weeks later...

hi, have checked MCOl and no update yet. They received my defense on 1th 15/07/2013. Any idea when it will be auto stayed as I still havnt got anything from drydens? I want to know as I want to apply for a stire out as they havnt botherd contacting me with any paperwork . Also any ideas of what to put in the strike out application and how I do that? Geoff

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Finlander, they have 28 days from the time you submit your defence before it automatically stays. The courts are usually around 5 days behind with their administration.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, not the news I hoped for. allocation questionaire arrived through the door today. I take it that I just agree to the small claims track and try and get it moved to my local court? Also here is a form offering mediation. I take it I agree to this as well? I still havn't got any CCA from them apart from the original leaflet and no answer to any of my request for documents to allow me to form more than an embarresed defence. What do I do now. Leave it to them to turn up at court with documents they havn't served on me, or no docs at all, and hope the judge throws it out or do a disclousre request? Geoff

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

is usual to agree to mediation, up to you though. is small claims so costs won't be so much of an issue overall?

it should go to your local court anyway, unless they are requesting it elsewhere?

remember, as is small claims?, then some of the general rules re standard disclosure etc (cpr 31 etc) won't apply? but, if a judge orders it?

check with others though

IMO

:-):rant:

faiurfax seem very keen now...they have sent me a copy of their completed AQ now.... seem very confident . now is this confidence ill founded as 1. I havnt got any cca through yet. 2. My original CCA request to vanquis 2 years ago consted of a leaflet with thier T&c's. So arnt they technically still in default of my sec 77 request? as are Lowlells as they haven't sent me anything yet. 3. my sar to lowlells and vanquis hasnt shown any default notice served which a copy of such should have been returned with my SAR and nmy disclosure request. 4. Only mention of CCA on the sar was a note on the application 'internet' . No screen print, no data nothing. May need some help with this. geoff

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

quick question ,

for my counter claim I am filling out the CI spreadsheet. do I claim CI from today or the date they sold the account on?

Geoff

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

I will ask someone to pop in and help..

BCOBS

credit card charges. late payment over limit etc.... now being taken to court over the balance owed and want to counter claim

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

cheers chaps... if its from the day they sold the account then they owe me about a quater of the balance outstanding. If its from the court summons date they owe me money.. please be the second... please be the second.........

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

no done a defence but its an embarressed one as I have no CCA no default notice an no other paperwork... however vanquis have now provided account info with all the previous mention paperwork still missing but they have included a statement with all my charges shown. from that i have worked out hw much they owe. if i can work out which date is applicable Im going to contact the court to file a counter claim.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

ah ok. so, you might need to amend your defence, and also add a counter claim. poss implications there, eg might need courts permission? but might be given as you didn't have the the info etc.

citizenb, can you get help on this possibility also. thanks.

Edited by Ford

IMO

ive had a good look through all the paper work tonight.

this seems to be a right dogs breakfast by them.

There is still no CCA. the internet bit on vaquis sar states 'internet activation' and is dated the 18/06/2006.

but lowells statements state CCA 'signed' 15/05/2006.

that doesn sound like an internet application to me.

However all in got to my original CCa requestinn 2009 is a copy of their t&c's so technically they are still in default of that so shouldnt be taking me to court anyway.

Also there is no default notces from either lowells or vanquis in the SAR's despite both claiming that they include all correspondence.

Lastly theaccount shows quite a few penalty charges which when entered into the CI calcualtorsheet shows that if it is vali till the ate he account sold

they owe me £600 quid and if valid till the date of the court summons than its £2500. the balance being sought is £2100.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

hello...is any one going to help with this? vanquis are prob the biggest ( Edit ) out there along with fairfax and everyone seems to be going quiet....

Edited by Andyorch
Bad language removed

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Sorry, I have lost the plot.

Can you just summarise what you want me to respond to.

If you have statements showing default charges, then you need to put those into a spread sheet I have posted a link to the spread sheets below. I think you need to use the 2nd one.

Where are you at with the actual claim ? You have submitted a defence - have you received any further notice from the court as to the status of the claim ?

Link to spread sheets.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

BCOBS

Can you just summarise what you want me to respond to.

[/url]

you said you were going to ask someone to look in re CI #61

and then was asking also re help with aq and poss defence amendment and addition of counter claim?

a 'holding' def (without counter c) has previously been submitted, now at aq stage?

Edited by Ford

IMO

quick question ,

for my counter claim I am filling out the CI spreadsheet. do I claim CI from today or the date they sold the account on?

Geoff

Ok, it was help completing the spread that you required. I kind of think that you should have put in your counterclaim at the time you submitted your defence. But I will ask the question for you.

BCOBS

Have you completed and submitted your AQ ?

BCOBS

you can levy Compound int from the date of each PENALTY charges

to the date they settle [ this will be in restitution]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...