DVLA demanding £55

dynamic08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father originally had a ticket for parking in a loading bay (had not been a loading bay for 2o years till tescos moved in) He failed to pay that original ticket.

Long story short Baliffs ended up taking his 5k car and selling at auction which they say did not cover the £900 bill the **** eventually turned up again for more money.

Anyway a letter arrived from dvla saying that no disposal of notification was received so they wanted £35 I wrote a polite letter for him stating the above saying he never knew the vechile was being sold so did not know about a change of owner etc.

Dvla wrote back saying its not a good enough excuse and to now pay £55.

Does he have a leg to stand on? Should he just pay the £55 I think not and thats why I 'm here asking you clever people.

thanks guys for any advice it needs paying soon so don't want him getting in any more trouble.

If you have proof of what you say, tell the DVLA to take it to court where you will show a judge the full evidence you have to prove what you say. The DVLA need to realise that the onus is on THEM to prove what they say. Not for you to prove otherwise.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Going back to the original cause of this - Bailiff & PCN. Did he ever challenge the PCN? Did he ever obtain a breakdown of fees from the Bailiff? Can I suggest you start another thread for this in the Bailiff forum as it may be he is due some fees back possibly, never know until you try.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No he buried his head in the sand and forgot about the PCN.

Going back to this issue the £55 is due by end of today and looks like it has to be paid so should I pay the £55 or the original £35 ? I quite clearly stated in my original letter that I wished to appeal and as such wished for the £35 to remain the same while it was being acted on. They replied with the new £55 amount. ??