BankFodder BankFodder

dantracey

NatWest grrr *** WON ***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4818 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi from noobie me

Looking at charges around 4500 ove rthe 6 years.

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now getting myself all confused, wondering do i or dont i??? I have decided to go ahead.

Final straw has come this week, i got paid on friday, my direct debits not due out until the monday and low and behold i have checked online to find out friday they took my d/d out 3 days earlier and charged me 38.oo for each one even though my wages went in after midnight thursday!!! Sending off my 1st letter tomorrow, hopefully to the right place.(ive settled on Bishopsgate address)

Does anyone know? Do NatWest shut accounts (opened up another account just incase)and also seeing as so many people now after them are they now fighting back

Also as account is in joint names but either can sign would it be ok just to do in my name?

Tracey:confused:

Not sure about the account thing i know that they aren't shutting them down routinely but if you have followed the faqs and step-by-step guide you know you need to open a parachute anyway as any bank can shut your account at any time for any reason.

As for fighting back they do usually take it all the way ie you haveing to file a claim with the court but you'll still get your money back. Read round peoples threads on here to get an idea of what they are like.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Thanks Chedder

I have opened another account just to be on the safe side. now im debating do i send to London or Edinburgh, back to the forums i go.

T

XX

Well first letter gone wish me luck

natwest do apear to be one og those that string things out as far as they can go. but a few of us are taking steps to make compliants about their solicitors.

dont worry it is a struggle at times, so dont spend your money before xmas. but you will get it back.

should ave bin with hsbc they cough up with the lba!!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Thanks Allyxia

Im not panicking yet but think once things get under way and letters start to arise i may be screaming for help

Oh why didnt i do it sooner?

Just realised

As Natwest took hell of a lot of charges 2001-2002, they tried to help out by arranging a loan which we pay back every month for the next 5 years...got 2 yrs left to pay.Can i do anything about this on claim as its over 1k in interest?

If they hadnt of took all charges i wouldnt of got into the mess i was in

Tracey

Guest NATTIE

If the loan was all on charges you may well be able to claim the loan back as well, some have done this on this site, Hope that helps

Oh dear ive just been reading threads again, and noticed somone say S.A.R should of gone to Goggarburn but ive sent it to Bishopsgate??

Will it get to the right place?

Thanks Michael

This site is awesome

Just realised

As NatWest took hell of a lot of charges 2001-2002, they tried to help out by arranging a loan which we pay back every month for the next 5 years...got 2 yrs left to pay.Can i do anything about this on claim as its over 1k in interest?

If they hadnt of took all charges i wouldnt of got into the mess i was in

Tracey

Hi there Tracey,

This seems very interesting, think I might have to look into this myself.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi Deller

It was only through pure chance i realised reading through the forum ,that going ahead with this, natwest might make me pay back the loan back they offered to clear my overdraft.I went whoaaa..hang on ...the only reason i got the loan was because natwest was taking charges left right and centre, They put me into which is now 3 yrs down the line near POVERTY!!!!!

Will let you know if i find anymore info out.

Tracey

Hi Can somebody help?

How long does it roughly take from start to finish? as im reading different senarios some seem to take 6 weeks some seem to take 4-5 months?

I know i have only just sent of my S.A.R but im getting myself all confused

Tracey

With Natwest 3-4 months is probably about the norm.

If thats the case I might have mine sorted in time for Xmas!!

And who knows, might start trying to reclaim my loan then.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Yes well good luck - and don tbe intimadated by these - its their usual trick!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Thanks Michael, im in no rush as they say...

all good things come to those that wait!

Well sar went on friday just checked and it has been delivered so i guess my 40 days start from now

tick tock tick tock

ooohhh i know its a long way off and might never happen but my fiance, brother n laws friend is a solictor and said hed represent me in court if need be, now that has helped knowing i have only just started but the ball is rolling nicely in my direction.

Bring it on!!!!!

Dont worry the banks have never turned up for court yet they settle before that happens!!!!!

Allyxia

ok...

Sent S.A.R off friday, they received Monday this week, today i arrived home from work to find letter acknowleging my request and receipt of cheque from a Joyce Todor.

I sent my SAR off to London and got reply back from Edinburgh

I suppose the manual intervention part of the letter is standard procedure.

Do i now wait for statements or do i say a week before the 40 days is up ring them to remind them?

Any advise will be much appreciated

Tracey

Hi tracey there is a letter in the library section

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Use letter one, as per instructions, you can send it about a week before the 40 days are up. If they have not complied with your SAR by then.

I havent heard of Natwest actually not complying before now though so at this stage you will be in luck!

Good luck

Allyxia

Hey Allyxia thanks for that..much appreciated

If it help they have sent part settlement this week to a few people, as the court date gets closure!!!!!

They just try scary tactics!!!!

Hopefully not for much longer as certain letters are being drafted complaining in the hope that new claims like yours wont have to put up with the intimedation

Allyxia