Car was in a previous accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine bought a car recently from a very reputable firm

After buying the car it broke down within 24 hours, he has then found out that the car was in a previous accident (not recorded)

Its a 59 plate Fiesta by the way

In fairness the garage took it back and replaced the head gasket, water pumps, cam belts and radiator

The problem is the bonnet is still unaligned as well as front bumper slightly off too

They said he can pick a replacement car, but how about cancelling everything, can he do that? he took the car on finance through them

Thank in advance

Train hard...Fight easy

Yeah I would say so!

An insurance job of that magnitude are meant to be registered with the DVLA (Cat C, D Etc), would imagine the last owner did this on the cheap and kept insurance out of it for it to not be registered.

Surprised Insurance did not pick it up, but have done on the cheap.

Defo have it checked out a VOSA Council mot station, if going to Keep.

If in any doubt, reject it! ( also if it had that much wrong with, it was not fit for purpose and should not have been sold ) and get all money back, let garage sort the finance. Also worth letting the finance co in on it, I am sure they don't want a damaged car either ( it is theirs until paid ).