keeping a file up to date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

im trying to resolve a provident issue

heres the chronology

2009 took out the loan with my ex (only my name one the book)

2009 left the ex she stayed in the house so took over payment

2010 joined credit expert and check my file (no provident information at all)

2010 - 2012 checked regularly cra's no default from provident no information at all

October 2012 suddenly a provident default with full account history appears on my file

now my question is are they allowed to not show details of my account until its way too late to stop the default ie if I had seen late payments id have contacted them way before default as it is now even though I said id pay in full they will not agree that they should have updated my credit file and remove the default also I didn't get a default notice although I understand this sint applicable if I had moved

any help ?

Yes unfortunately as you have allowed an account in your name to continue, without informing the creditor of your move.

Provident to tend to only report when problems occur which I think is unfair, but there is little that can be done.

Even if the account is satisfied they are correct that the details stay on file for the 6 year life of the default.

I can only suggest that you make a SAR to Provident to establish when the last payment was made on the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yeah its going off tomorrow its through bcw now i did a cca and they sent me that so now the sar is my last hope for removing the default as its screwing my credit and will do until 2015

you would think seeing its for a relatively small amount that they would negotiate but all attempts at negotiating a default removal have failed so far

One of the big problems with companies such as this is that rarely does a complaint etc get further than customer (dis) service therefore never getting to anyone capable of making a decision.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

totally agree

we were just playing post tennis i would say ill pay when i get confirmation on headed notepaper that you will remove the default and they would sent confirmation that they recieved my offer and to pay in 7 days no mention of default removal

5 letters the same and no change so i sent the cca and now im sending the sar in the hope there is some leverage there

totally agree

we were just playing post tennis i would say ill pay when i get confirmation on headed notepaper that you will remove the default and they would sent confirmation that they recieved my offer and to pay in 7 days no mention of default removal

5 letters the same and no change so i sent the cca and now im sending the sar in the hope there is some leverage there

Pathetic are they not?

• 1 month later...

ok so i sent a sar recieved the paperwork back no intention to file default notice and no defaulty notice at all

can i now ask for removal and if so whats the best template to use

ian

The Intention notice/and the DN would not form part of the 'paper' records of an account, all creditors do is record on customer files it that a DN was sent on a specific date, some will supply 'generic' copy to show what the customer would have received.

What data was there in reference to payments and or cessation of payments/final payment?

i have an account printout from provident there is no mention of a default in there paperwork at all every entry just says agent collection i thought they had to provide me a signed copy of the original default notice and this should have been supplied with the sar

i can scan the document provident supplied if you like

No there is no signed copy of the default notice, as said these are not routinely stored as hard copy, all the creditor has to do is state that a DN was sent on a certain date as recorded in the customers in house records.

Yes please let us see the doc, please remove all personal data, account number and barcodes if any.

so these are the only documents the original creditor sent through under the sar to bcw they sent a lot of bcw in house stuff but that was all correspondence to and from myself

so i dont know if its me but either they did not comply with the sar and send everything or nothing is recorded against my account

also i am sure when i read bits of the cca if your on weekly payments after 4 weeks they have to send you an arrears notice again i dont see anything recorded

is it all a quirk of how provident do things or do i have a case to get the default removed and then when they re issue it ill pay and lose it for good

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45315[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45314[/ATTACH]

Sorry still unreadable.

there big pictures but when i attach them it shrinks them

Follow this guide and convert them to PDF before posting them up.....

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try http://www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAGicon in the title

i'e Default notice DDicon-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

hi guys

im trying to resolve a provident issue

heres the chronology

2009 took out the loan with my ex (only my name one the book)

2009 left the ex she stayed in the house so took over payment

2010 joined credit expert and check my file (no provident information at all)

2010 - 2012 checked regularly cra's no default from provident no information at all

October 2012 suddenly a provident default with full account history appears on my file

now my question is are they allowed to not show details of my account until its way too late to stop the default ie if I had seen late payments id have contacted them way before default as it is now even though I said id pay in full they will not agree that they should have updated my credit file and remove the default also I didn't get a default notice although I understand this sint applicable if I had moved

any help ?

All things considered yes this can happen, any company may use the CRAs to report the conduct of the account on CRA files, some like Provident and many Utility companies report only when a problem occurs.

The company is not required or obliged to inform you that it is reporting to CRAs.

The default notice give time to remedy and if this is done within the time specified then the default will not be placed.

Paying off the debt AFTER the time scale has elapsed will not result in the entry on CRA file being removed, the account should be marked as satisfied and remains on file for 6 years.

The only chance of removal is a 'gesture of goodwill' not something Provident are renowned for.

So I'm a bit confused they are bound by the cca regs and in the sar I sent them there is no mention of a default notice even in there internal records and I was led to believe this is a requirement as such they didn't follow the cca regs

All things considered yes this can happen, any company may use the CRAs to report the conduct of the account on CRA files, some like Provident and many Utility companies report only when a problem occurs.

The company is not required or obliged to inform you that it is reporting to CRAs.

The default notice give time to remedy and if this is done within the time specified then the default will not be placed.

Paying off the debt AFTER the time scale has elapsed will not result in the entry on CRA file being removed, the account should be marked as satisfied and remains on file for 6 years.

The only chance of removal is a 'gesture of goodwill' not something Provident are renowned for.

To Provident it seems. So many times Provident 'record keeping' is at best sketchy and at worst no existent.