Kensington Mortgage Company PPI reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Last year I put in a claim using a PPI claim agent against Kensington Mortgage Company r

egarding the mis-selling of my cover when I took out a mortgage.

As a result of mis-selling I was not covered when my business went under and as a direct result I lost my home.

I filled out all the paperwork correctly and called on monthly basis to chase the claim,

I was told Kensington had never heard of me, and that they needed previous addresses.

These I provided and last week made another call to chase the claim.

Imagine my amazement when the guy on the other end of the phone told me they had made an error

and had in fact contacted Bradford and Bingley by accident which is why they had no record of me.

The problem I have is the 10 year time limit ran out last October and I am not sure what to do next.

Many thanks

Hi thanks for your reply. I thought there was a ten year deadlline in which to file your claim. I haven't dumped them as yet, I am waiting for a full explanation as to what happened first.

Not sure what to do here :(

Well as you have been a member since 2010 you really should know not to use claims companies. Still, what's done is done.

Which company is it? I am sure you realise that you are going to lose quite a bit of your refund to them?

What exactly have they done for you? What stage are they now at?

:frusty::frusty:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

At the time I was holding down a full time job and looking after my disable son which took up my free time. I thought one of these companies would have helped me out. All they have done is to send an SAR to Bradford and Bingley rather than Kensington. They have not indicated how much my claim is worth have you any idea?

Thanks

how can we

you have posted no figures............

pers i'd tell them to cancel

you have no faith in them anymore.

do it now.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The company I used was [removed as to gain no further clients]

I will do a SAR to Kensington Mortgage Company tomorrow. I assume this is the first avenue to explore.

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
dx

As a result of mis-selling I was not covered when my business went under and as a direct result I lost my home.

you would need to get ALL the documents via the SAR.

if is sHOWS you were told it covered you.

then you have a very good case against the advisor.

dx

and they

Many thanks for your help. I will send the SAR tomorrow, they also sold me household insurance which when I had a break in was told did not cover me either. I did get these fees recovered however.

Many thanks for your help. Once I have the SAR back I will repost with my findings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Have applied for the SAR and am awaiting the results. I have requested a written explanation from the PPI Claims company and am waiting for their response they have however, written to me to explain they are making a full investigation.

I will keep you all posted.

hold old was the mortgage and when did it finish

dx

and they

the limitations act on mortgages is 12yrs.

they should still have the paperwork.

if you owed them money

they'd soon chase you claiming they can under the 12yrs rule

you need to tell them that.

dx

and they

I called them and they have said the will not have paperwork for longer than 6 years. They sold mortgages to several companies and have suggested that I contact the FOS. Is this the best line to take with this?

Thanks

Hi Deb,

You shouldn't deal with anything by phone if you can possibly avoid it. You need proof of everything so keep everything in writing.

If Kensington have said in writing that they have no data, you should follow up with a SAR chaser. You could use letter 3 from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

If you haven't already done so, you should write to the claims management company, simply saying :-

"Due to your failure to write to the correct mortgage company to start my claim, I have no faith in your abilities.

I hereby terminate any agreement which existed between us with immediate effect."

In response to your question in post #8 (Do you have any recourse against the CMC for their failure), I doubt you have any recourse against them at all.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Oh just a foot note the Claims Company have written saying they wrote to the wrong lender in error (really??) and this was due to human error and no reflection on them. Yeah right.

Hello all.

I recently sent an SAR to the above regarding mis sold PPI.

I had a mortgage with them in 2002 - 2004.

They sold the mortgage to another company (I cannot remember who I was suffering from a breakdown at the time)

and shortly after this they repossessed the property.

Kensington say they have no paperwork and I was wondering if there was a way to find out who they sold the debt to.

The mis-selling of PPI was a direct influence on the house being repossessed.

Many thanks

This information should have been part of the data that you received via the Subject Access Request.

I am sure we have a letter that you can send to them to find out this information.. I will go track it down.. BRB.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D