MFI taking us for a ride!!

Bargaingirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MFI  

1 Cagger has voted

1. 1. MFI

• Good
    • Bad
    • Ugly
    • Rip off merchants!

this is the letter sent to MFI

In September 2004!! We made a purchase of bedroom furniture, after it was installed we soon noticed that the cabinets were marking and contacted you at customer services, these tops were replaced but it was evident over the next few months that the entire order was faulty!

After a ridiculous amount of emails and phone calls someone from head office confirmed that indeed there had been a fault with the Helsinki range and they would arrange for someone to come out from the store in Stevenage where it was purchased. Many months later, after more calls, Dave Lawman came out to view the marks and confirmed with head office that indeed everything needed replacing. However only the tops of some of the units were delivered. Then after a second visit this spring the carcases were delivered. And dribs and drabs have been delivered since!

We are now left with bits and pieces of Helsinki furniture around our house, we have not had the carcases for the wardrobes delivered. The plinths and cornices have not been replaced, we have been advised that they will not come off of the existing furniture intact and although I have contacted the store to inform them of this nothing has been done. I have requested that he find out exactly what is to be done with the existing bedroom furniture as we are certainly not prepared to pay for the hire of a skip to dispose of your faulty goods.

We were sold defective goods and the matter has still not been resolved! "

They finally replaced all goods told us to get it flat packed and refitted send the invoice into head office who would sort it out. It cost us £695 to get it flat packed and refitted, had to borrow the money to pay the guy and now they say they will only pay £150.

I thought the law states you are entitled to replacements and any reasonable losses incurred as a result, boy have we incurred losses, the refit of the bedroom and flat packing as requested by MFI.

Can anyone help!:mad: :mad: :mad:

• 1 month later...

The law does say that you are entitled replacements and any reasonable losses.

Write to them setting out exactly what you want and detail any losses you have had and state that if they do not reply in a satisfactory manner then you will seek to recover the money in the small claims court. I would also request that the faulty items are removed immediately or you will charge £x to remove them yourself (cost of skip hire + say £20 per hour moving them).

If you get no response from this then dispose of faulty parts and send LBA including your price for removing the parts.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 1 year later...
this is the letter sent to MFI

In September 2004!! We made a purchase of bedroom furniture, after it was installed we soon noticed that the cabinets were marking and contacted you at customer services, these tops were replaced but it was evident over the next few months that the entire order was faulty!

After a ridiculous amount of emails and phone calls someone from head office confirmed that indeed there had been a fault with the Helsinki range and they would arrange for someone to come out from the store in Stevenage where it was purchased. Many months later, after more calls, Dave Lawman came out to view the marks and confirmed with head office that indeed everything needed replacing. However only the tops of some of the units were delivered. Then after a second visit this spring the carcases were delivered. And dribs and drabs have been delivered since!

We are now left with bits and pieces of Helsinki furniture around our house, we have not had the carcases for the wardrobes delivered. The plinths and cornices have not been replaced, we have been advised that they will not come off of the existing furniture intact and although I have contacted the store to inform them of this nothing has been done. I have requested that he find out exactly what is to be done with the existing bedroom furniture as we are certainly not prepared to pay for the hire of a skip to dispose of your faulty goods.

We were sold defective goods and the matter has still not been resolved! "

They finally replaced all goods told us to get it flat packed and refitted send the invoice into head office who would sort it out. It cost us £695 to get it flat packed and refitted, had to borrow the money to pay the guy and now they say they will only pay £150.

I thought the law states you are entitled to replacements and any reasonable losses incurred as a result, boy have we incurred losses, the refit of the bedroom and flat packing as requested by MFI.

Can anyone help!:mad: :mad: :mad:

MFI are part of the "furniture ombudsman" and I too have had murder with them over a faulty kitchen, I have 27 emails and a similar amount of calls kept in a record, once you have done all you can with the company the furniture ombudsman will step in and follow the compliant up for you...the email address is online and they will send you a form out to fill in. Sarah .............

thanks for the info Sarah i decided to go to through home insurance and a solicitor is dealing with it for me now! still a year on and have had the furniture replaced twice and the second lot is faulty too, funny how they discontinued the line hey!!

They make me sick!