UK Car Discount - no V5 log book yet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a new car this year and the car was delivered in the first week of April. Money handed over the same day.

UK Car Discount operate online and over the phone only. I was told that the log book would be registered in my name as the car was being made and upon receipt of the funds, they would fill out the "Change of Address" tab on the V5.

I phoned up recently to say that I still havn't received my V5 and it transpired that they only sent off the change of address form on 19th May.

I contacted the DVLA today and gave my details along with the Car Reg plate and they said that the car was not registered in my name.

Surely there is some dodgy practice going on so I will contact UK car discount again tomorrow, but who can I officially put in a complaint to about this?

If you contact them, then you need to either record the phone call, or get it all in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It can take up to six weeks to get the new V5, did you ask the DVLA if they had received the V5 requesting the new owner change?

Do you have the small slip from the original V5? If you have that you can get a V5 changed to your name for free, if not there is a charge to request one, its not a lot but takes another 4 weeks.

As its a new car it should be registered with DVLA with you as the first owner and you would get the reg doc within 10 days.

It sounds like it was registered as a fleet car in a company name to get a bigger discount and when the log books gets back to the company they will change it to your name making you the 2nd owner of your "new" vehicle,

Some companies have to keep the logbook for 3 months or they will lose the fleet discount

Well this is the thing - I was told I would be the first owner of the car.I contacted the DVLA and They say my name was not registered to the car. The company sold me the car under the premise that I would be the first owner - as then the warranty will be applied to me etc.Surely I can take them to court over this matter if this is not the case?

The warranty stays with the car so does not matter who the owner is.

They lied about you being first owner or used some double speak to get round it, you can take them to court and make them take the car back.

But you will probably have to pay a lot more to buy a car from a dealer which is why you bought of them in the first place.

Having two keepers on the log will not make any difference to the 2nd hand value.

If its cheap there will always ba a reason!!!!