dvla court date

boggey1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I have got to go to court ,van sorned parked on a raised peice of land outside my home maintained by me ,but not ajoined to my home, have had a car on there in form or another for 20 plus years .now sent summonds

• 2 weeks later...
Ask the local council if they have the responsibility for the upkeep of the piece of land as part of the roadway.

If they say 'no', get it in writing.

Wrote to them MP our council in Cornwall are corrupt and lazy .But can I use the the argument that need to prove they do maintain it as I do and have for 20 years ?

You need to go to the Council Highways dept, they keep maps showing any land that is part of the Highway.

My friend , in Wiltshire, was in a similar position and the Council confirmed that the vehicle was on private land although it was next to the road.

He wrote to the DVLA with this proof and they withdrew the summons.

Martin g

Wrote to them MP our council in Cornwall are corrupt and lazy .But can I use the the argument that need to prove they do maintain it as I do and have for 20 years ?

No. No. No.

It's not who actually maintains it - it is who has the legal responsibility to do so that matters.

The local Council's Highways Dept should provide a definitive answer then, as Martin said above, you can either get the Summons withdrawn or simply take the Council's letter to the Hearing and defend the case and ask the Magistrates to award you your costs on the basis it should have been DVLA's job to know such matters first.