• Tweets

• I had a letter last week from Global Arrow about a debt that I am not even sure that I owe. Today I received a letter from Resolve Call claiming to be acting on behalf of Global Arrow and threatening a doorstep visit. I am confused, who do I reply to, Resolve Call or Global Arrow? The thought of a doorstep visit terrifies me and I am concerned for  my son who could be here when they visit. Are there any template letters available? Any advice would be much appreciated. 
    • You will have to serve a Letter before claim first and exhaust their internal complaints procedure in line with the Pre Action Protocol before issuing a claim.   https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim   https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome   Topic moved to Financial Legal Issues.   Andy
    • I think it's outrageous and given that Jolyon is a successful barrister, I can only assume everything he says is accurate.   It's heartbreaking how much money has been squandered.
    • ok thanks will do!   If there any link for threads from non UK nationals/non UK residents dealing with these DCAs?   Not that I care but they could hardly file a CCJ given I have never had a UK address?
    • I think we need to know much more about the car. How old is it?how many miles does it have? how long have you had it? what is the name of the dealer that you bought it from?   if you can give us the answer to these questions then we can start giving you the advice that you need
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Joint debt first plus mortgage

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello to all my CAG friends, all is well in Hippy Land so far, tempting fate I know. !!!!!!

Most debts unenforceable, lovely rented three bedroomed detached with a work colleague as lodger who is never here.

Never been so well off and its 99% due to you great guys and girls out in CAG land.

Now I let them repossess old house and low and behold made enough to pay off mortgage with £10k to spare which went straight to those gangsters First Plus.

Now even with that me and ex Mrs Hippy still owe them about 30k, no worry for me as I have BR money saved and will just go BR if the going gets tough on this one.

Now I have spoken to Mrs ex-hippy as we now get on a lot better, even helped her with her debts, but she just buries her head in the sand really,

she has 50k unsecured and has not paid a penny to any since 2010 and amazingly even with all the threats she has not even been taken to court, ( beggars belief really )

least I tell them to produce CCA which most can't as they are from the naughty nineties )

I think it goes to prove that DCA's and the debt purchasing companies are very reluctant to go that route as they know they would probably only get a token £1 from the ex.

Back to First Plus,

so far and I know this is tempting fate I have not heard a bean from them since January 2012 when I stopped payment,

my battle plan when I do is to say can't afford to pay you go to Mrs Hippy,

she will obviously say the same and so battle commences. On a JOINT DEBT if they feel they want to pursue through the courts do they do it as a joint summons???

or both individually ????

I have no intention of letting it get that far, I will be off to the BR courts before it gets that far but was just curious as to how a joint debt is enforced through the courts.

Once again a big thanks to all you great stars out in CAG land, The Brig, Bazooka, just to mention a few.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Hello Hippy, the creditor can pursue a joint account 'jointly or severally ie one the other or both debtors.

So if you cannot pay they go for the ex and vice versa, often seen this type of situation drag on for ever, letter tennis threats of litigation, end of the known world if some one doesn't cough up, so this could be the time to looking at the BR.

That's my opinion hippy, others may disagree.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi there, in addition to what Brig has put - should you go bankrupt they can chase your ex for the full outstanding amount. Given the circumstances it may be that both of you take the bankruptcy route and be done with it.

Seq.

HI,

Almost identical circumstances as you.

I went BR in March - best thing i have done

BR is like a trip to the dentist - you no you have to go at some point

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guy's your great. Thought as much, when First Plus rear there ugly head as we know they will eventually or some muppet that has purchased it I will play a little ball game at first take it to the wire then go BR and Mrs ex can do what she wants. Oh how what goes around comes around, for five years after dumping me and me paying the mortgage and secured loan working seven days a week, no car no money, it is now me who has money put away beyond the reach of anyone, a little car now a lovely home. She on the other hand is now so broke she had to borrow £30 of my sons birthday money I gave him. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is definite Karma somewhere. Off the subject just listening to an article on the radio about Edward Snowden blowing the whistle on PRISM,,, Alway's new big brother was here living next to that lovely Doughnut shaped building called GCHQ, WELL MI 5 OR MI 6 IF YOUR READING ME POST you have a sadder life than Mrs EX Hippy and yes most Politicians could not sort out the quaint P*ss up in a Brewery. Think I will purchase some carrier pigeons for my clandestine pagan sect that meets every Solstice at Stonehenge, mind you there is a dodgy looking geezer in it, he maybe a member of the Special Demonstration Squad, oh dear can't even howl at the moon in peace these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959