Joint debt first plus mortgage

Happyhippy1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all my CAG friends, all is well in Hippy Land so far, tempting fate I know. !!!!!!

Most debts unenforceable, lovely rented three bedroomed detached with a work colleague as lodger who is never here.

Never been so well off and its 99% due to you great guys and girls out in CAG land.

Now I let them repossess old house and low and behold made enough to pay off mortgage with £10k to spare which went straight to those gangsters First Plus.

Now even with that me and ex Mrs Hippy still owe them about 30k, no worry for me as I have BR money saved and will just go BR if the going gets tough on this one.

Now I have spoken to Mrs ex-hippy as we now get on a lot better, even helped her with her debts, but she just buries her head in the sand really,

she has 50k unsecured and has not paid a penny to any since 2010 and amazingly even with all the threats she has not even been taken to court, ( beggars belief really )

least I tell them to produce CCA which most can't as they are from the naughty nineties )

I think it goes to prove that DCA's and the debt purchasing companies are very reluctant to go that route as they know they would probably only get a token £1 from the ex.

Back to First Plus,

so far and I know this is tempting fate I have not heard a bean from them since January 2012 when I stopped payment,

my battle plan when I do is to say can't afford to pay you go to Mrs Hippy,

she will obviously say the same and so battle commences. On a JOINT DEBT if they feel they want to pursue through the courts do they do it as a joint summons???

or both individually ????

I have no intention of letting it get that far, I will be off to the BR courts before it gets that far but was just curious as to how a joint debt is enforced through the courts.

Once again a big thanks to all you great stars out in CAG land, The Brig, Bazooka, just to mention a few.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Hello Hippy, the creditor can pursue a joint account 'jointly or severally ie one the other or both debtors.

So if you cannot pay they go for the ex and vice versa, often seen this type of situation drag on for ever, letter tennis threats of litigation, end of the known world if some one doesn't cough up, so this could be the time to looking at the BR.

That's my opinion hippy, others may disagree.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guy's your great. Thought as much, when First Plus rear there ugly head as we know they will eventually or some muppet that has purchased it I will play a little ball game at first take it to the wire then go BR and Mrs ex can do what she wants. Oh how what goes around comes around, for five years after dumping me and me paying the mortgage and secured loan working seven days a week, no car no money, it is now me who has money put away beyond the reach of anyone, a little car now a lovely home. She on the other hand is now so broke she had to borrow £30 of my sons birthday money I gave him. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is definite Karma somewhere. Off the subject just listening to an article on the radio about Edward Snowden blowing the whistle on PRISM,,, Alway's new big brother was here living next to that lovely Doughnut shaped building called GCHQ, WELL MI 5 OR MI 6 IF YOUR READING ME POST you have a sadder life than Mrs EX Hippy and yes most Politicians could not sort out the quaint P*ss up in a Brewery. Think I will purchase some carrier pigeons for my clandestine pagan sect that meets every Solstice at Stonehenge, mind you there is a dodgy looking geezer in it, he maybe a member of the Special Demonstration Squad, oh dear can't even howl at the moon in peace these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959