• Tweets

• Hi guys, Wondering if you can help me. I received a claim form from County Court Business Centre, Northampton for Private parking fine I received back in June 2018. I wasn’t wise in responding to any letters to date hoping it will go away which is my bad hence landed on this site for help.   Here are all the info you may need:   Name of the Claimant – UK Car Park Management Claimants Solicitors – Gladstones Date of issue – 10/06/2019 (Deadlines - 29th June for AOS & 12th July for Defence) Particulars of claim: ‘The driver of the vehicle with registration xxxxxx (the vehicle) parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the contract) at 93-101 GREENFIELD ROAD – LONDON GREATER LONDON E1 1EJ, on 11/06/2018 thus incurring the parking charge (the PCN). The driver of the vehicle agreed to pay the PCN with in 28 days of issue yet failed to do so. The claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the defendant as the driver/keeper of the vehicle. Despite demands being made, the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £100 for the PCN, £60 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £11.69 pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.4 per day.’ Value of the claim - £246.69 The claim has been issued by the Private parking Company Date of the infringement - 11/06/2018 Date on the NTK – 14/06/2018 They took two pictures of my car and printed them in the letter  As mentioned, I did not respond to any communications. I received, NTK, Formal Demand letter in July 18, two DRP letters on Aug 17 and one in Sept 18, and three Gladstones letter in Oct 18 and then ‘letter before claim’ in March and April 19.   I will do the AOS asap and send a SAR to UK CPM.   Please help me with a writing a defence, I have already read through many, but they are a bit overwhelming as I am not sure what my grounds are. I am sure the driver did not agree to pay anything as they have stated in the particulars of the claim. This was a Camera PCN so whoever was driving the car would have not known that they received a PCN. Also, I have visited the car park to see the signage and they are appalling. They are affixed high, with tiny fonts and the signages are blocked with bins and other materials so you can’t get close to it. There are no signage at the entrance of the car park.   I look forward to your response.   Thank you
    • Hi dx,   Latest info is:   "The court has received an Incidental Application from the respondant". That will be my letter from Cabot advising that they cannot legally proceed with the case. "The Sheriff has received an objection from the claiment to the Incidental Application".   I have now received notification that the sheriff has ordered the case to be restarted.    
    • you should have been reading up on charges reclaiming in the down time.     CISHEET enter every charge on the date it was levied put their avg int rate in D15.      
    • get your finger out. you must reply to the letter of claim as stated in every PAP letter thread here regarding drydens/erudio and old SLC stuff.   go ring slc and ask the date of your last deferment.   if they refuse, quote them the two acts prevention of fraud and  data protection act. that they MUST hold data for 6yrs under both and if they wont give the data you will be immediately phoning the ICO and raising a serious complaint against them. now if they don't hold the data, as its over 6yrs old i'd say its safe to say the debt is statute barred reply to drydens PAP as per the other threads here send our SB letter DO NOT USE THEIR REPLY PACK.   use our in our PAP thread.
  • Our picks

emmyjay8

Gadget helpline - debited acount

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2188 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently took out a new contract with Dialaphone. Checked my bank account and was amazed to see that £20.94 had been debited for 'Gadget Helpline'!! ???

So I decided to contact this 'Gadget Helpline' which I apparently had "signed up" for! Received the WORST EVER customer service from a so-called Helpline Administrator going by the name of "Nadia", (second name not given)!

My story is as follows:

Email from me to "Nadia"

On 8/6/2013 a direct debitlink3.gif was taken by TMTI from my current account. I have no knowledge of ever wanting or hearing about this service and demand a full refund of £20.94 be given to me.

I have not had any correspondence from TMTI or given any permission of a Direct Debit to be set-up on my bank account! Please rectify this matter and advise of same.

Regards,

Response:

Thank you for contacting Gadget Helpline.

Unfortunately you did not provide any details for us to bring up any account.

If you could please provide us your address and postcode or direct debit reference number we can confirm if you have an account with us.

Alternatively please call 08444 772 995 (national rate) to speak to an agent.

We are open Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 6pm

Regards,

Nadia | Gadget Helpline Administrator | TMTI Group | Corsley Heath, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 7PL (UK)

T: +44 (0) 844 499 4744 | F: +44 (0) 844 499 4733 | E: enquires@tmti.net

My Response:

Direct Debit Ref: DL************

I hope this information will help you to solve this matter as I have not received any communication from yourselves and was not aware or authorised this payment of £20.94 to be debited from my account.

Regards,

Nadia's Reply

A welcome letter was sent by email to ***********@**** on 8th May 2013 regarding your account with us.

Unfortunately we have no record of any request to cancel your account. In order to fully refund your payment made to TMTI Ltd we would need confirmation that the account was previously cancelled (cancellation email, call reference number etc.). If you can provide us with this confirmation we would be happy to fully reimburse you.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Many Thanks

My Response:

Hi Nadia,

I can definitely confirm that I did not receive a 'Welcome Letter' in question on 8th May 2013 and also that the email address you say it was sent to is an incorrect address! Hence, I was unaware of having to pay any payment(s) for an alleged account with 'Gadget Helpline' nor did I enter into any agreement as such!

I would appreciate if you could rectify this error and refund immediately the amount of £20.94 which was debited from my account (Direct Debit Ref: DL********).on 8th June 2013.

I look forward to hearing from you in response and receiving this payment.

Regards,

Nadia:

Our service is explained in the following places.

· The shopping basket (before you agree to the order)

· The terms and conditions of the order

· The order confirmation that Dialaphone send out to you

· The paperwork that is received when the handset is received by Dialaphone

· The welcome email we sent you directly from our company. (email addresses are not case sensitive)

Regards

HOW IGNORANT!!!

So, I replied:

Nadia,

I am writing to advise of my intention to reclaim monies totalling £20.94.

According to my Bank Records, the aforementioned sum that was taken out of my account on 8th June 2013, on the pre-text of 'Gadget Helpline' service.

This payment is unlawful as they were not agreed to by myself. The disclosure of my bank details to a third party company without my authorisation is unlawful practice, to which I take great exception to. Furthermore, I did not agree nor accept any terms which would have initiated this direct debit process.

Having researched this situation in greater detail, it would appear that this is not mentioned during purchasing or on any itemised bills or contracts as it is a 'free trial' which automatically rolls into an unlawful direct debit being setup.

As the mobile phone contract was obtained through Dialaphone, the onus of responsibility in law was unlawfully distribution of my account details to the third party 'Gadget Helpline' company.

It is my wish that this situation can be resolved amicably, however, as prelude to this not being resolved suitably I have prepared documentation to pass this claim to the Financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif Service.

I would be grateful for the name and contact details of your superior as I would like to make a personal complaint about your customer services and also your full name.

Yours sincerely,

Her Response to that was:

The postal address can be found below if you wish to make a further complaint.

Regards

Began to loose my patience here, so responded:

I don't think you are hearing me here, I am DEMANDING you give me your full name and superiors name!

To which I got:

"My name can be found below, and my extension is 424. Our managers name is Jon."

Regards

Nadia | Gadget Helpline Administrator | TMTI Group | Corsley Heath, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 7PL (UK)

T: +44 (0) 844 499 4744 | F: +44 (0) 844 499 4733 | E: enquires@tmti.net

Now how unprofessional was that response?? angry.gif

A) STILL did not receive her full name!

B) All I got for her superiors details was "Jon"!! angry.gif

ANY ADVISE GUYS ON WHAT MY NEXT PLAN OF ACTION MIGHT BE?? question.gif

NB: Just read on Dialaphone website that they no longer provide new customers with the 'Gadget Helpline' service as of May 2013.

• My contract began on 10th May 2013!!

confused.gif

Emma

Complain to your bank that the money was taken fraudulently. Call your bank and tell them and confirm the call in writing. Your bank is obliged to refund you immediately - although I expect that they will muck you around

Rang Ulsterbank (once again):???: about claiming the debited amount back - very unhelpful as usual, was indeed fobbed off! Basically told to call into local branch and fill out some sort of "Redemption" form! :!:

Emma

Do it and make sure it says you rescind any and all future payments to this company. the direct debit guarantee covers you.

Have moved your thread into the Bank and Finance Subforums:- holder.gifUlster Bank section emmy