Admiral asking for more money for car insurance after paid in full

graciexo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I renewed my car Insurance in March, I was origionally with Admiral in the first place however as a named driver as the car did not belong to me it belonged to my mother, and she drove it more.

I applied for Insurance on my own car In March when the previous expired, with Admiral again as we were quoted just under £1000, which I paid in full.

However, four months on and they are asking for over £400 more, as they have 'got my details wrong', I on the other hand know that my details are completely correct... And I am incredibly worried about paying this extra £400.. as they were the lowest quote we could find, and now, at £1400 (what they are asking), they deffinately are not.

Is this a common thing? Will I have to pay? Is there anything I can do? I just don't feel this is right, i agreed to their quote of my car insurance as X, I paid X in full and now they are asking for more?

Any help is greatly appreciated :oops:

Just re-read the letter they sent, I just threw it and called them when I first got it, I was so shocked!

Apparently, It is how long I have been driving. I have been driving for a Year today (woohoo!), however when applying online they had no option for under a year, so i imagined that when I put 1year, they then when they checked my details would have seen, and they did call back after i applied asking to confirm some information. So as far as i know they KNOW when i applied I had been driving around 8-9months...

• 1 month later...
Just re-read the letter they sent, I just threw it and called them when I first got it, I was so shocked!

Apparently, It is how long I have been driving. I have been driving for a Year today (woohoo!), however when applying online they had no option for under a year, so i imagined that when I put 1year, they then when they checked my details would have seen, and they did call back after i applied asking to confirm some information. So as far as i know they KNOW when i applied I had been driving around 8-9months...

So to clarify:

You hadn't been driving a full year, but selected a full year anyway

You then had a call from them, but didn't point out that you'd been driving under a year, and not 1 year as you stated

How did they know if you didn't tell them? They don't run a check on all of your details, they expect you to supply the correct information. If you didn't, that's your problem unfortunately.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

yes it is something insurance companies will do when supplied incorrect information.

you can try negotiating to get it down a bit. but the insurance company are in the right. the drop down normally let you click less then year

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

I got a quote from them a few months ago, and it gave me the option for driving under a year. I also just tried now, and again got the option for under a year.

If you can't see that, how do you manage to drive? :razz:

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB