Fashion World Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I would really like some advice please,

I have been a fashion world customer since March 1993 and have always kept up with payments,

unfortunately my husband suffered an industrial injury and was forced to give up work and our lives were thrown into financial disarray.

I contacted all my creditors and all were helpful and froze any interest and allowed me to pay smaller payments except for Fashion World

who didn't seem to care and refused to reduce my payments or freeze interest on my account,

as you can imagine I have been through the demanding letters,

constant phone calls and scare tactics!

my account was then passed over to their in house DCA called Reliable Collections and

it was then I eventually agreed some time ago to pay them £47 per month which family members helped me to pay this was until I was no longer able to do so

I contacted them again to explain that I was struggling to provide for my two children let alone find £47 for them

I sent them a polite letter telling them I was no longer willing to pay £47 and would until my situation changed pay them £10 per month

and could they kindly stop all interest and other charges so I could just concentrate on paying the debt up,

they refused and said they couldn't accept such a low offer,

but I went ahead anyway and have been paying the £10 for the past year or so,

but the interest keeps getting higher and I now owe about £700 more than my debt was to start with due to interest and charges.

They do not contact me by phone anymore because we moved house and so our tel number changed which is light relief!

they continue sending letters and the last one mentioned that I was expected to pay what they demand due to the agreement I signed,

but I wasn't aware of any agreement and so I know I haven't signed one,

I again wrote to them asking for a copy of the agreement,

they replied saying due to the age of my account they could not provide me with a 'true copy' of the agreement (copy of my letter attached)

they do say if I contact them they may be able to reduce my payments?

I'm wondering why they can help me now when they refused before?

I am not disputing the fact that I do owe them money and that I do have to pay them back but I do not want to pay all the interest that they refused to freeze

or any of the charges, I could understand if I had just stopped paying for no reason at all.

Can anyone please advise me what to do next?

I'm happy to continue paying £10 per month but would like to know where I stand with the interest and charges?

Sorry my post is so long!

If you dont have a job and are reliant on benefits, or no income at all, then they get £1 a month. If they keep increasing interest and charges ( all unenforceable), then if they went anywhere near a court, or marked it on your credit files, the court would throw it straight out as they are in breach of their credit licence and also OFT guidelines.

Again, repayments are to be made according to YOUR financial circumstances. If they refuse to listen, then refuse to pay, or pay them a token £1 a month to show willingness to pay the actual debt. No judge in this country would force you to pay interest and charges levied solely for self gain. Especially since you have contacted them multiple times previously advising them of the situation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would say claim the charges as they are all penalty fee's. The interest would be harder.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you renegadeimp, so I will write to them again asking them to re-consider freezing my interest, I'm just amazed that they don't want to help, I would have a (small) chunk paid off my bill by now if they had frozen my interest in the beginning.

tough luck on them

if you've not got all the statement

send them an SAR.

moved you to the mail order forum

plenty of PENALTY charges reclaim threads here to read.

not got their PPI too have you?

account cover plus - I think?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you renegadeimp, so I will write to them again asking them to re-consider freezing my interest, I'm just amazed that they don't want to help, I would have a (small) chunk paid off my bill by now if they had frozen my interest in the beginning.

No. You TELL them to stop the interest and charges accruing, otherwise you will drop them to £1 a month for the life of the account as their actions wont help you and instead serve purely to self enrich the company through your hardship.

Hi dx100uk thanks for your reply,

yes I have been reading through and have seen this sar mentioned so I will search some more to find out how to go about it,

I'm not sure if I have the ppi too but will find out,

since writing and asking them to send me the cca when I log into my account

I can no longer see my charges just the payments I have made,

before I could see all transactions so I can't even see roughly how much they have been charging me.

click on the SAR

can I suggest you follow this route:

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

LETTER 1

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

signed

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

.LETTER 2

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty,

against all the guidelines and codes issued by the relevent bodies and authorities

that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges

& freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you I will send that letter and see what happens, can I just ask, the first letter is that the first step of claiming the charges back? I'm a little confused, if they agree and send me all the info I need then what do I do then?

why not save postage

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone thought I'd update you and see if you can advise me please?

Received a letter regarding the SAR, saying I failed to provide certain items to enable Fashion World (JD Williams) to identify myself in regards to my account. They want me to now fill in a questionnaire and provide a utility bill of the photo page from my passport as proof.

The questionnaire asks for a witness to provide their name and address, telephone number, their occupation and how long they have known me and to sign the statement it then asks for me to date it and sign.

They also say there are multiple accounts for me but I have only ever had one account.

Is this normal to be sent such a letter?

Many thanks :)

Why do they need that? Theyve been writing to you at the address, so they know its you. IMO, they are stalling.

send the a CTAX bill only

they have no right to the other stuff they want

dx

and they

Your date of birth and your address and your account number is all they should need send this letter,just adapt to your needs.

Section 7 – Data ProtectionAct 1998

Dear

Account:

You have failedin to supply information I requested .

The time for compliance with my requesthas now expired, accordingly I have to tell you that you, have not yet compliedwith your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I can now do one of three things Under theDate Protection act :

1. Report this tothe ICO or,

2.Take it up withthe FOS or,

3.Take you toCounty Court,

Doing someresearch on the matter, I have found that the FOS, has been giving complainantsthe sum of £1000 in compensation, the same has the Courts, and the FSA has beenfining the Banks and Loan companies for none compliance of a SAR request.

I will accept thecompensation payment of £1000, if you pay me within 21 days of you receivingthis letter, if you fail to comply with my request I will start proceeding fromone of the options above, I will let you know which one I will be taking.

As they have given you credit, they are supposed to "know" who you are so all you have to do is prove you are who you say you are so DOB and address should be enough. If they still claim that they have multiple accounts then tell them that you will be taking that matter further as well.

Thank you Filrobbo, for the letter template and yes Ericsbrother, I am not providing them with anything else as I agree they have all my details and as mentioned earlier I too think they are just stalling, will reply to them with the above letter and remind them that they already know who I am and see what happens. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just to update you, and hope you can again steer me in the right direction of what to do next.

I have finally received my account history from Fashion World, it's quite confusing but there are interest charges on there plus I have found a sheet saying:

Insurance Premium charged to date - 560.38 but underneath it says:

Insurance Type - No current insurance

Which does confuse me!

I then have pages of my account transactions dating from 2007 but I'm not really getting the charges as some say:

Interest charged 31.03 pomp charged - 21.90 pomp code S

these amounts vary the latest being:

Interest charges 50.32 pomp charged .00 pomp code

There are also lots of £12 administration charges.

So what do I do now? Do I go through and add these up and write and ask for them back?

Also the letter I also sent them saying I am having financial difficulties and I will pay £5 and telling them to stop charges etc, fell on deaf ears they wrote back saying I must pay £18 and if I do not agree to pay they will pass my account to a debt collector! Do I now reduce my payments to £1 as threatened in the letter I sent?

Many thanks!

all the £12 admin charges

on one copy of the CISHEET

one to each line

put their int rate in cell D 15

CISheet v101.xls

another copy of the CISHEET

for the PPI

can you scan up the bit relating to the insurance premium

is there also a monthly figure on the statements?

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they