style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been having problems with Bristow Sutor over two parking fines. Never received the necessary details from Cotswold DC and the matter was passed to Bristow Sutor. Again never received anything from them until a bailiff appeared at the door without notice. Did not let him in. He wanted £560.48 there and then. He asked about my car parked outside. I told him it was a Motability car. He then went away and two minutes later put a Notice of Seizure Goods and an Inventory of Goods Received through my letter box - and of course he put on the forms - my Motability car. He sped off.

I have been following the various threads on here - very informative thank you, and did what was advised to other similar cases. I am considered a vulnerable person, I am on the highest level with DLA for both care and mobility on an indefinite basis. I suffer with a chronic disease and only came out of hospital 2 days before the bailiff visited, having undergone further heart surgery. I suffered a major heart attack last July and this has left me in a very poor state. And this is not helping.

I did as was advised to other people on here and sent a letter to Bristow Sutor explaining my vulnerability and asked for the case to be returned to the council. Received an email back a few minutes ago saying they would not do that.

I also copied my letter to Cotswold DC and they have received it and they say they have forwarded it to the relevant people.

As you can imagine this is doing nothing to for my health at all and I am experiencing similar bad heart pains to my heart attack, although I don't think I am having one!

The tickets were given to me when I parked in a safe place to visit the toilets, showing my disability badge and clock.

I explained to the council why I parked where I did for 5 minutes at a time, I had only come out of hospital two days prior to this, my wife drove me for an afternoon out, I was not allowed to drive at that time. To spare you the nasty details, the medication I was taking meant I had to visit the toilets quite frequently.

What can I do now do you think.

Desperate

Chris

:mad2:

There is a process to appeal these parking penalty notices and to put a stop on any collection activity while this matter is reviewed.

If you contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre (see link below) to explain your situation, they can email you an Out of Time application, which you complete and email back.

http://212.137.36.113/HMCSCourtFinder/Search.do?court_id=714

This link explains about the TEC

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/traffic-enforcement-centre

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for that information Uncle, I did do that and my application was refused.

Why was it refused ?

Suggest that you try to phone the council and if you have any difficulty, phone a local councillor this evening, who should try to help you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The letter from the TEC did not give a reason, and it says they are not required to give an explanation.

Have phoned the council and Bristow, each one saying I should contact the other!

Get straight onto your local MP and Councillors and tell them in no uncertain terms that if they again fail to call off the bailiffs and deal with this matter in a mature manner you will take legal action against them.

Inform your local papers and BBC Watchdog, there is also the LGO who will take up your case as it seems your LA is completely incapable of using any modicum of common sense...

http://www.writetothem.com/

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have phoned the council and Bristow, each one saying I should contact the other!

It IS the councils responsibility, NOT their chosen third party thugs, tell them that they WILL deal with it and you are not going to be threatened and bullied by them, ensure you take down the names of everyone you speak to at the council, blooming reprobates!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear oh dear!!!!

FAILED!!

Find the names and numbers of your local Councillors and MP and have them deal with it.

Time for a very firm and strongly worded letter/email to the council, they cannot simply wash their hands of their responsibilities and tell you to deal with their chose third party in order to sort out their problem!

It is the councils responsibility, DO NOT ring the bailiffs, DO NOT even speak to them, either at the doorstep or over the phone.

Keep everything in writing if possible, but ring your local MP/Councillors and have them slap whichever fool was on the phone spouting utter nonsense!

Ok, will not contact the bailiffs again. Is there a template for a suitably worded letter to the council - I am not asking you to come up with one!! Everything has been put in writing to date.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any no.....

I would definitely recommend contacting your local MP/Councillors ASAP though, the bailiffs CANNOT FORCE ENTRY, just don't leave doors open/unlocked nor windows open if you live on the ground floor, if they come to the door, either ignore them or speak to them through the letter box.

Regardless of what they might say and claim they can do, they CANNOT use a locksmith to gain entry, but these thugs aren't my area of specialty really others are well versed in advising you what to do if they should appear...get ringing your MP & Councillors... :thumb:

Here is a list of your councillors in this link. Just find the one for your ward and click on their name to find their contact details.

http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=1955

BB, thread now in correct forum :)

• Haha 1

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am sorry about your problem with the bailiffs. Can you think of any reason why you did not receive any notices from the Council? Have you moved home recently or is your address similar or

confused with another?

It would be a good idea to check with the Council to confirm the address to which they sent all your notices. If they have sent them to the wrong address that should be sufficient reason for

the Council to look at your situation again

PS Have you told the Council of your heart condition thereby classing you as vulnerable and ask them to kindly handle the matter themselves

rather than using bailiffs.

I live in the Vale of White Horse DC, should I find my local one there even though the fine was for a different council.

Probably you should contact your local councillor, but as they are not on Cotswold DC then they may not have the same level of access as a councillor on Cotswold DC.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I told them about my condition yesterday via email. They acknowledged receipt. I emailed the same letter about an hour ago - acknowledged again. Not from an autoresponder I might add.

I would suggest that have a sit down and relax. You have told the people who need to know and it is up to them to deal with appropriately.

I am sorry to ask so many questions but very often it is necessary to go back to the beginning to see where the error had been made.

You have a Motability Car and sadly many such cars are wrongly registered with DVLA.

In your case, do have the DVLA registration document in your name or is this kept with Motability?

After receiving a ticket on your car did you receive any further notices from the council such as: Notice to owner, Charge Certificate or Order for Recovery?

When did you file the Out of Time witness statement?

When was it rejected?

Did you receive a copy of any documentation from the council after you sent the Out of Time application?

Thanks for replying Tomtubby. I do not have the reg. document and Bristol Sutor have cked with the relevant people and acknowlege it is on Motability.

No notices from Cotswold DC

Filled out Out of Time notice 31.5.2013

Rejection letter dated 10 June

Yes I did, and they listed dates info was sent to me - I never received any of it.