style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2228 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good morning. Our local hospital has woefully inadequate parking resulting in the disabled spaces being placed quite a distance from the entrance. The remedy for this is that benches have been placed so that disabled people can rest during the long walk. However my wife finds it impossible to complete the distance on foot and so parked her car in a "drop off only" space (displaying her blue badge). On her return to the car a red notice had been placed on it as a warning notice with no fee payable. The problem is now she has to go there again and will need to almost certainly park in the same place as there is no reasonable alternative. Where does she stand if a penalty notice is placed on her car?

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

As it is probably a private firm which 'police' the car parking, it won't/can't be a penalty which she will receive, it will be an invoice for a parking charge. If it was me I would approach the hospital admin and pose the problem to them. Problem is though, that unlike most other parking scenario's, by parking in the drop off point, you could be causing a problem to someone else who is in a wheel chair for example.

Is it not possible to get someone else to drive the car and drop your wife off close to the entrance while the driver parks the car in the disabled bays?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

A hospital porter, [do they still have them?], to collect the patient from disabled bay, with a wheelchair, perhaps?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Thanks for the replies. The car is only insured for 2 drivers the other one being me. I am unable to take time off work and if I did it would be a financial burden. While I agree that using the drop off point is not the best solution the hospital does have obligations under section 5 of the DDA to provide suitable parking. It is a catch 22 situation

I believe that hospitals will provide transport, car service or ambulance, if necessary, but your return time needs to be a bit "flexible"!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

There are strict criteria for transport due to funding.

When my wife and I were both in wheelchairs due to RTA thankfully both on way to recovery the hospital were very understanding they arranged for us to ring security the day before we had an appointment when they met us and put us in the nearest staff car-park and took us in our wheelchairs to the department we were going to.

Give the hospital a ring if like ours they will be glad to help.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Thanks I hadn't thought of that.

My local hospital has a similar parking situation. If pre-arranged they will ensure a porter and wheelchair meet you at the parking area, otherwise anyone accompanying the patient can go and collect a wheelchair from reception.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

That sounds as if you are describing Parking Eye at Worcesetr Royal Hospital where disabled parking bays are few and far between. They also charge for a BB to park on hospital grounds. I guess parking on the yellow lines may be an alternative?

That sounds as if you are describing Parking Eye at Worcesetr Royal Hospital where disabled parking bays are few and far between. They also charge for a BB to park on hospital grounds. I guess parking on the yellow lines may be an alternative?

As an alternative, it's there with the access roads, the pavement, and the ambulance bays.

The problem with using the drop off point as a free for all, is what happens when someone else uses the drop off, double parks, and blocks you in for several hours.

Pre arranged pick up is the best way.