Affinity Water, Moody's and outstanding debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

How I have missed this I really don't know but it seems at some point in the past my water Direct Debt got cancelled and I never noticed.

Unfortunately neither did I hear from the water company to alert me to the fact

in the same week I've now received an outstanding water bill and a threat-o-gram from PW Moody's .

I contacted them today saying I've now investigated and can see that this cancelled dd was the problem but that I genuinely can't pay the balance in one hit.

What I'd like to do is set up a dd to cover this years bill and then organise a payment plan to deal with the arrears amount.

Moody's say No, they want the whole lot cleared in monthly instalments by January

which firstly makes the payments really high and they want my debit card details rather than my bank details,

I'd be happier paying by direct debit as continuous card payments make me feel nervous some reason, or does this not matter?

Can they force me to clear the whole lot by January?

I'd really like a little more time.

ignore moodys and stay off that phone to them!!

they are not BAILIFFS and have NO legal powers.

deal DIRECT with the water company.

NEVER EVER give your card or bank details to these fleecers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore moodys and stay off that phone to them!!

they are not BAILIFFS and have NO legal powers.

deal DIRECT with the water company.

NEVER EVER give your card or bank details to these fleecers.

dx

Thanks. I was concerned by the washe was talking to me and the way they wanted card not bank details. I fully intend to pay it but not at a rate I can't really afford.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Long story short, a cancelled direct debit a few months ago which wasn't picked up for some time meant we got behind with our payments for Affinity water. They transferred the debt to Inter Credit, who have now added on this years amount and want the whole lot in 5 days or they are going for this bankcrupty thing. The total amount is £906 which I cannot pay in one hit.

Is bankcruptcy a big OTT or is this normal? Is there anything I can do? I am happy to do a payment arrangement but I cannot afford this amount within the next five days.

Help, I'm very scared here.

By going " for this Bankruptcy thing " have you actually been served with a Stat Demand Pupter...and if so what's the date on it?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry, in reading that back there were typos and grammar errors. I was a bit stressed.

The letter dated May 22nd says, "

NOTICE OF STATUTORY DEMAND IN BANKRUPTCY SECTION 268(1) (A) INSOLVENCY ACT 1986

Dear Pupter,

Having now given you every opportunity to resolve this matter we now give formal notice of our intent to issue a Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy against you.

In 5 days we will instruct our process serer to attend your premises to personally serve the demand.

On expiry of the Stat notice we will present a bankruptcy petition to the court to obtain a Bankruptcy order.

there is a bit of waffle after that but that is the main bit.

Just to add, I have gone online today to Affinity Water and paid £75 because that is genuinely all I have available right now. I would be more than happy to clear the rest over the next few months but will they even consider it. I paid the money direct to Affinity, I haven't contacted Inter Credit at all.

Ok, once you receive the stat demand then please let us know. You will have 18 days from the date it is handed to you to make an application to have it set aside.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Affinity do seem to take are harsh attitude at times, first time I have heard of them issuing a Stat Demand and threaten BR.

How much of the £906 is arrears? Can you make an offer that covers current usage + a reasonable amount towards the arrears?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Pupter, I have merged both your threads and you are in the correct place (financial legal).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for merging, i really wasn't sure where to post this.

I will have to request a breakdown of the amount they quote but believe around £340 is the 2014/2015 charge the rest is from previous years though I had made some payments so this amount seems high.

As I say i paid £75 today, I should be able to pay another £50 later in the week, but after that it would have to be paid off over a few months i would think unless I can sell something quick!

Do I have to wait for them to actually issue the demand? Can I not resolve anything before then? Won't waiting mean they will add on charges etc?

CitizenB - would I have any grounds to have it set aside though? There maybe some charges in there, but I am not disputing I must owe them the money, I just want them to agree to a payment plan. Probably the biggest reason this happened was that we had a suspended possession order on our house for mortgage arrears which took two years to pay off (now completely paid) so other money was scarce, I could argue the point that i now have more money available again to work towards clearing this amount.

I will have to request a breakdown of the amount they quote but believe around £340 is the 2014/2015 charge the rest is from previous years though I had made some payments so this amount seems high.

As I say i paid £75 today, I should be able to pay another £50 later in the week, but after that it would have to be paid off over a few months i would think unless I can sell something quick!

Do I have to wait for them to actually issue the demand? Can I not resolve anything before then? Won't waiting mean they will add on charges etc?

Contact Affinity direct and try to negotiate a payment plan ignore inter if you can.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Check the account Affinity add "Debt Collection" charges to the accounts.