style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can someone point me in the direction of the template to use to send back to the police to say that we are unaware of who was driving the car that they apparently caught speeding?

It's a privately owned car by the boss but is used by others for business and is before I started here so there was no way to track who was using it at that time.

Thanks

Mary

Hi all

Can

someone point me in the direction of the template to use to send back to the police to say that we are unaware of who was driving the car that they apparently caught speeding?

It's a privately owned car by the boss but is used by others for business and is before I started here so there was no way to track who was using it at that time.

Thanks

Mary

I wish you luck with that defence!

You mean the one that the police have seen a thousand times before that says "I don't know who was driving, but it might be my Bulgarian friend, and anyway in 2001 you let off a copper who didn't know who was driving so you have to let me off as well"? Use it at your peril.

You would need at a minimum to reply in your own words explaining why you can't identify the driver, and giving all the information you can which might help to identify him/her (eg details of how and by whom the car is used).

Hi all

Can someone point me in the direction of the template to use to send back to the police to say that we are unaware of who was driving the car that they apparently caught speeding?

Thanks

Mary

Ask (as an informal request) for images that may have been taken by whatever device they used to log the speed)

With any luck, what comes back through the post does not show a clear image of the boss, nor a PA/secretary/Bulgarian sitting on his lap.

Ask (as an informal request) for images that may have been taken by whatever device they used to log the speed)

With any luck, what comes back through the post does not show a clear image of the boss, nor a PA/secretary/Bulgarian sitting on his lap.

:lol:

Thanks

Mary

If it is "privately owned" by the boss, then presumably the s172 has arrived at his home (or place of work) within the 14 days from offence. You therefore, must have only started working there within the past 2 weeks and of course can't know who would have been driving the car.

However, an s172 requires the RK (i.e. the boss) to notify the police of who was driving on that occasion so it is down to him to find the info, complete the document and send it back. Why has he passed it to you to try and find info that you don't have access to?