I am too ill to attend ATOS Medical, scared of what will happen?

debtangel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I should be grateful if you could possibly help me.

I have been on ESA Benefit since I damaged my back in 2008. I also have several other medical problems including schizophrenia and severe agoraphobia. My agoraphobia has become so bad that I cannot sit in my own living room on my own as I have severe panic attacks and often I will have a panic attack just making a cup of coffee. I have lived in my bedroom since it the agoraphobia took hold in 2009 and have rarely been out since then.

In 2012 it took me 8 months to get the courage to go and see the Doctor with several problems I have had and then I had to go on an emergency visit. In recent weeks I have become so ill with further back problems and depression that I had to get the Doctor to come out and see me because I am too scared to leave the house.

I have needed to see a dentist for over 12 months and I am in pain, despite this I am too scared to go.

In April this year, I received the yearly medical questionaire from Atos Healthcare and on this form I asked for a home visit (which has always been provided in the past). I then received a letter stating I had to go to Atos Assessment Centre on 12 June 2013. I phoned Atos regarding this telling them it really isn't possible for me to do so. The lady I spoke to told me that I had to get my Doctors to fax them advising them why I could not attend (on a Leeds fax number) . As I had not heard anything from Atos last week I phoned them again and they had given me the wrong fax number, instead the lady I spoke to this time told me to get the Doctors to fax the letter to a Manchester fax number.

I have now received a letter from Atos Healthcare this morning stating that I need to attend a medical at Atos Examination Centre on 27 June. They state they have received medical evidence but they have decided that there is insufficient evidence to support a home visit.

I have been told that if I do not attend this assessment my benefits will be stopped. There is actually no way I can attend this assessment due to my poor health and their letter today has left me feeling sick to the stomach. I've had a panic attack, have been sick and can't eat.

Is there anything I can do?

Yes, ask your GP to Fax another letter that says in no uncertain terms that it will be detrimental, and dangerous to your health, for you to attend a medical assessment away from home.

Thanks, the Practice Manager at my Doctors is away, I have to wait until tommorrow until I can speak to someone.

I contacted my MP, just had an email from his advisor saying my MP has written to ATOS to ask for a home visit. Will see what happens.