style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2289 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have an expired loan with ge money totalling 2281, I thought it was paid off as it expired in 2010, I have since received a letter from them telling me they are going for an eviction date, I have offered a 500 lump sum and 225 a month but they have refused, they are very rude and unhelpful.

Any help appreciated

xx:!:

Have they not communicated with you since the loan ended in 2010? Do you know if the sum they say you owe has any charges included ? Also, did you have any PPI with the loan ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

no however i recently tried to reclaim the ppi which they said the broker sold not them and then this I don't know about the charges

Have they sent you a breakdown of the figure they say you owe?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

no I havent asked them I didnt know I could how do I do that :?::???:

You say they are going for eviction. Does this mean thay already have a CCJ ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

hi yes some years ago my husband had cancer and couldnt work so we fell behind they got a possession order then but agreed a payment plan and suspended it

OK, you need to write to them asking for a breakdown of the amount they claim is arrears. If you need help with the letter please let me know.

Hi a letter template for this would be great thanks.

Can I ask. Was this agreement in arrears prior to the completion date in 2010 ?

Was this one of the GE loans that ran its term and then they said that because of a change in interest charges there is still an outstanding balance by any chance, or have i got it completely wrong.

Also can you tell me, was this a default judgment or did you contest it.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

yes it was in arrears before the end date, they did says something about interest rates but i didnt really understand it, I didnt contest the judgement, just entered in to a payment plan and thought that was it. they sent me a letter telling me the term had expired but I dont have anymore. The arrears seemed to have appear after i made a ppi claim, which they denied.

Sorry for all the questions but, was this a second charge then under 25k ?( regulated agreement).

Have you pursued the PPI claim through the Ombudsman service ?

reading through he thread, you should be aware that the creditor is still liable for the PPI if the broker was acting as intermediary, and particularly so if this is a regulated agreement.

hi sorry youve lost me a bit. the original loan was under 25k

OK

Do you have a copy of the agreement ?

PPI claims can be pursued through the Financial ombudsman service, all you have to do is download an application from their website and send in the template to the creditor, they have to process it even if the policy was sold by an intermediary.

If they refuse the reclaim you can forward it to the ombudsman for a decision to be made, there is currently a twelve month backlog unfortunately.

The alternative is to take a small claim action to recover the charges yourself.

In addition this will be regulated under the Consumer credit act , you have additional protection.

Can you tell us if any interest has been added since the judgment ?

Hi thanks I will have ago as soon as the possession order is sorted, spoke to them again yesterday and made a payment. But they are still unwilling to enter into a plan, they keep saying they want the full amount.

Are they still charging interest , post judgment ?