style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree that we should continue to use the OFT TS and FOS etc to complain to about the unlawful activities of such DCA's, and when for example the OFT does the square route of nowt, then escalate the complaint using their own complaints procedure, the more people complaining to the OFT, FOS, ICO, TS etc about them and their lack of pro-activeness, then maybe just maybe they will actually remove their thumbs from their backsides and start protecting consumers in the way that they are supposed to.

CRA's are another bunch of wasters, clearly on the payroll of DCA's and other financial organisations, they also need to be reigned right in, allowing DCA's to search your CRF without your express permission, and even have the cheek to place default markers on you file, with absolutely no proof whatsoever of the legality, legitimacy or enforceability of such information.

I always say you MUST complain, and complain to all of the above, then begin their own complaints procedure to complain further, even get MP's, Media, BBC Watchdog, etc to look at your complaint, the more people taht complain about the same corrupt companies to the same people who are supposed to be doing the job of policing these rogue financial institutions and DCA's the better, they will eventually have to admit that they need to pull their finger out and start earning their wage packet which they are currently drawing under false pretences.

God that feels better!:D NEXT.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's my pet gripe...

A good few years of experience in this country has taught me that relying on the state to protect ordinary citizens is largely a waste of time. The law appears to be there and, for the most part, the mechanisms that need to be there are there but they don't work when it comes to the big issues.

What this country really needs is a campaigning consumer organisation. Which? simply doesn't cut it despite its special status. Websites like CAG and MSE get closer but everything is very disparate. Individual complaints to the regulators may resolve specific complaints but not the general abuse meted on members of the public by banks, dcas etc. If Which? were doing its job it would be building dossiers of complaints demonstrating the abuses and unlawful actions of the DCAs with enough specific examples that the complaint couldn't be ignored.

It occurs to me that FOI requests to the various bodies, such as TS and the OFT, etc. might be educational. It would be interesting to see just how many complaints each DCA and CRA has had made against them. And just might be something that could be used to batter some politicians with.

It occurs to me that FOI requests to the various bodies, such as TS and the OFT, etc. might be educational. It would be interesting to see just how many complaints each DCA and CRA has had made against them. And just might be something that could be used to batter some politicians with.

Tried that. They hide behind the exemptions.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

• 7 months later...

I am absolutely disgusted with Cabot!!

What has happened to them and their 'offshoot' FIRE?

After a promising flood of threats and letters from them and their 'solicitors' it's all gone extremely quiet over the last couple of months. Just as I was gearing up for a good fight.

I hope they are trying to lull me into a false(?) sense of security as I am now suffering intense withdrawal symptoms from their lack of contact with me.

I no longer get letters, not even their computer generated threatograms.

I am so disappointed with their total lack of endurance!

It all seemed to happen at about the same time as their CCL was renewed.

Now I'm going to have to either send them a stern letter or just forget them.

But, you never know this could just be one of their cunning(?) ploys!

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hold on, you aint seen nothing yet, wait for the next volley from another of their companies "Clarity"...Theres a whole pile of template letters to come from them next, once they get around to targeting you again

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Let 'Clarity' beware! I have my own template letters now! I'd post one but they're a bit too identifiable.

Looking forward to the continuation of the now extremely one sided battle.

Beaten:

Is this the 'new' DCA answer, just keep inventing new companies to send more letters? What a waste of oxygen they are!

Can't they see that is just adds more costs to their operations?

This looks more like bunker tactics to me. The sort of thing Hitler got up to 30 feet below the streets of Berlin when his whole sordid little empire was collapsing around his ears. Inventing battalions from thin air on a map.

No amount of inventing new DCAs will change the outcome if the same failed strategies and tactics are employed.

Beaten:

The latest Carp i have from clarity is spouting nonsense about "WARRANT OF EXECUTION & CHARGING ORDER" !

Although the funny thing is, the look and tone of the templates looks very meek and mild?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Maybe they've been given a slap, ie you can renew your CCL as long as you behave (for now).

Should have been, we're shutting you down because you haven't played by the rules.

Well, as we all know the best thing we can do is keep the pressure on and keep complaining to the so called 'regulators'.

But it seems to me that we might be gradually getting nearer to the day that DCA bullying ends.

Beaten:

Is this the 'new' DCA answer, just keep inventing new companies to send more letters? What a waste of oxygen they are!

The last ones that did that to me had the OFT after them for not being licenced - they sent their local Trading Standards men with their dark glasses and dogs to ask them what they were doing... Advanced Investigation Services , shut them up tout suite!:p

i think we can all agree that most dca's are a waste of space, and once you start to challenge them to produce the correct paperwork most of them tend to run for the hills, or send their threatograms into overdrive...once you realise these are exactly that then the dca becomes much easier to manage...we know some dca's do resort to court action but only if they think they can get an easy judgement..otherwise once they realise you know something of your rights, the threat of bailliffs courts, charge orders etc are merely that threats

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaahh !! They haven't forgotten me after all!!

Just got a letter from RobWay. But there's no threats, no dodgy statements about taking me to court, in fact it's very chatty and reserved just asking me to contact them to have a chat. They even say I don't have to telephone them if I don't want to talk to them! I can e-mail. (As if).

Sounds so fatherly and reasonable, now if they'd done this right from day one maybe .................................. Nah!!

No properly executed CCA no dosh!

Beaten:

perhaps they want to counsel you on the morals of paying your debts? or appealing to your better nature...it certainly is a change of tack...cant wait to recieve mine....i wonder if robbers way seriously believe by now being nice you are going to just cave in and pay em?

perhaps they want to counsel you on the morals of paying your debts?

Perhaps they should be counselled on the morality of buying debts for a few hundred quid, aggressively going after the original amount and putting interest on top of that. All of this after the original account has been written off by the original lender.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.