• Tweets

• @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having successfully sent the mother company Cabot packing, they have now brought out the pop-guns against me in the form of a letter from FIRE Ltd.

So I did a couple of the usual checks on them.

First Companies House:

'Kings Hill (No 2) Ltd' company number 03959268 became 'Financial Investigations and Recoveries (Europe) Ltd' company number 03958421 on the 14 March 2005.

Of course the registered address of Kings Hill (No 2) Ltd as we all know is ....

1 KINGS HILL AVENUE

KINGS HILL

WEST MALLING

KENT

ME19 4UA

Next The Information Commissioner's Office:

Registration Number: Z511230X

Date Registered: 11 January 2001 Registration Expires: 10 January 2010

Data Controller: FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS AND RECOVERIES (EUROPE) LIMITED

Address:

C/O CABOT FINANCIAL (EUROPE) LIMITED

1 KINGS HILL AVENUE

KINGS HILL

WEST MALLING

KENT

ME19 4UA

Now the interesting bit:

When applying for a data controller licence, it is the applicant's duty to keep the record up to date. Not to do so within 28 days of a known change is a criminal offence.

In accordance with the rules quite clearly laid out on the application form:

Data controller address

If you are a limited company you must provide your registered office address. In all other cases you must provide the address of your principal place of business. If there is no place of business (e.g. for a small local voluntary body) you should provide the address of the official who has completed the form.

Now, according to their letters and Companies House, the registered address for FIRE Ltd is Unit 5 Mitchell Court, Castle Mound Way, Central Park, Rugby, Warwickshire. CV23 0UY.

Therefore the address for FIRE on the ICO website, which should be the registered data controller address (I've checked with them) is wrong.

I have sent a letter pointing this out to the ICO.

What I don't know is if this invalidates their data controller licence, so making their actions in processing my (or anyone else's) data unlawful whilst this address remains unamended.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called FIRE to discuss the debt they claim is mine and asked them 'Does FIRE have anything to do with Cabot' and the polite lady said 'No'

I have a theory. each morning when they turn up at the office they have to draw a ticket out of a bag which either has an 'F' or a 'C' on (you decide for yourself what the letters stand for) so they know who they are working for that day

Dont you just hate the way you sound over the telephone

Who are the caboot you refer to? I LOOOOve the way she sounded...desperate for a commission cheque before christmas - why what did you think I meant?:D

I made a couple more recordings today to. 1 of wescot and 1 of RMA.

Wescot won't wait on hold so thats a boring one but RMA will wait when you ask. I had RMA waiting for 2 mins and 22 seconds for no-one to come before they hung up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Wonder if anyone else has had a letter recently from Cabot saying "thanks for your recent payment, and we'll be charging interest on the rest"? But I have of course made no such payment!

I can only think that they are trying to re-start the statute barring clock, or if I don't reply show that I've somehow acknowledged the debt.

I cannot believe this devious bunch have made a simple error.

Beaten:

Mrs Pookey got one of these recently.

A letter will be on its way to them on Monday asking for proof etc as no payment has been made on this account for nearly 3 years now.

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

But as both those requests clearly state that the statutory fee is enclosed, any other use of the fee, would be fraud, and it will never re start the SB clock ever!

This is why those DCA's who employ this method are IMHO, not only on very thin ice, but are uneducated incompetent fools, who have their fat heads up in the clouds and truly live on a different planet.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What are the possibilities that Cabot have used £1 CCA fee or £10 SAR fee as a payment, it has been known.

Mrs Pookey got her 'Thanks for the payment letter' just after the 'Welcome to Cabot' letter for an account that no payments have been made for nearly 3 years, and no CCA or SAR had been sent to Cabot.

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Not at all, ignorance is the way to go, let them begin digging their own grave, no payment has ever been given. their is zero evidence to their 'alleged' receipt of payment, so there is no evidence to any such 'alleged' debt outstanding.

Send them sweet FA, and be content in the knowledge that they have the square route of FA to even attempt taking you to court!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I actually sent a very to the point and hard letter to let them know that I am aware of exactly what they are up to.

My worry is that the lenders/DCAs are lining up for a massive assault on the law in the next year or so with a war of attrition. They have managed to push the envelope bit by bit. They have successfully dismantled the bank charges problem and may now try to twist the CCA 1974 in the same way.

I know that the statute is the statute, but so far none of this has carried much weight except in some individual cases. The OFT and TS are there for the banks and government (otherwise CAG would be their first recommendation). Both organisations time after time have been proved wanting as far as the consumer is concerned.

Look, the OFT as far as I am concerned knowingly pursued the wrong legal path to chase the banks. They can now say they've 'done their bit' and give up. They knew exactly what they were doing and they knew exactly where it would end up!

Until, like most people in CAG, you have glimpsed the belly of the beast most people do not know the sort of organisations they are dealing with. In cahoots with the government the idea is to rip as much money from the public as possible to line their own pockets.

But how do you put this across to the general public who so sadly trust the banks and believe that they look after them? (Oh yes they do!)

In the cold light of day a lot of the activity that lenders and DCAs indulge in would be considered as fraud.

Remember, the only proof that you owe someone money who calls you and says you owe them that money, is for them to present you with a properly executed agreement. To present anything else to you for pecuniary advantage would, in any other theatre of life, rightly be called fraudulent activity and be punished accordingly.

Why is that so difficult for the courts, OFT and TS to work out unless they are instructed to find otherwise?

Our representatives, that is the Members of Parliament, passed the CCA 1974. This was accepted in full by the House of Lords and signed by the monarch so becoming the law of the land.

It is the law! Do not lose sight of that fact and do not let anyone else do so either. Or what is next?

Beaten:

Quite right Newborn.

Put a bully boy or a crook in a suit and introduce him to an MP and he becomes respectable in the 'finance' industry.

Companies that buy distressed debt and use underhand and often illegal methods to intimidate and harass weak people are in the 'investment' business.

I think we should abolish suits.

New York Mafiosi wear suits and run legitimate businesses. What's the difference?I agree that more and more DCAs will try to push the boundaries, secure in the knowledge that neither OFT not TS nor FSO will do anything to rein them in. They who control the country's finances call the tune. The banks and other lenders have proved that they are untouchable, so now they can and will extend that bullet proofing to their chosen DCAs. As far as I'm concerned EVERY transgression by these licensed gangsters should be reported to OFT and followed up by letters to MPsLook at Thames Credit. They caused Mrs Beryl Brazier's suicide. FACT. What was done about it? NOTHING. Philip Malcolm Lunn didn't even have the decency or common humanity to attend the inquest to even try and explain why this poor woman was driven and hounded, by his company, to kill herself. That's the kind of arrogant, couldn't care less attitude we are dealing with. They are all, including the rotten Government, bowing to the great God that is Money.Time for action from other avenues. I will be pestering my MP until he/she is sick of my name. If he/she wants my vote, he/she will have to damnwell work for it.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action