• Tweets

• Ok, I've now been up to the parking sit,e and done a drivethrough video recording with 'quick pic' photos taken at the same time, The result isn't great for some photos as there is some blurring, but it saved me risking parking up, or starting and stoping continuously.   As I'm away from home I only have my phone to operate from so the pic resizer and batch PDF I used ended up reordering everything so it is no longer in sequence. Nonetheless it's effectively showing what the site is like, and they are at least current pics. It was easier to 'batch up' all pics so some are probably redundant.   The video is quite large so I'll have to work out a way to shrink or link it.   The first PDF set here is of satnav route showing the roadway I filmed and one of the signs close up Trinity Park drivethru (1).pdf
    • that is our SB defence yes simply copy and paste it into MCOL.   dx  
    • Apologies in advance for the long post... but I’m desperate now.    I stupidly took out a log book loan a while ago thinking it was my best option. After struggling with my finances and a couple of missed payments the vehicle was repossessed. I managed to get the money together to pay my arrears and the £300 or so pounds they added on for the repo and get back on track.    After a couple of months I got a text (well, bombarded with texts) about topping my loan up which, again stupidly, I decided to do. It was actually a second loan running alongside the first.    Again I fell into arrears and the car was repossessed, again adding the £350 or so fee. I took out another loan in order to Pay get the vehicle back.    I have again fallen in to arrears and I have attempted to lodge a complaint with the company, to which they have not really acknowledged and not advised me of the FOS timescales. I took this to the FOS who advised to go back to the company and if I wasn’t satisfied go back to them. I have submitted a further complaint to them this evening.    I believe I have been let down on several points, affordability, granting of a second loan when I had struggled with the first, unfair repo charges, ignoring my attempts to make reasonable repayment proposals, extortionate fees to release my vehicle and pay for the repossession charges, amongst many other issues.    My main problem however is that I have today been contacted by the repo company who have advised they have been to my address on numerous occasions and have not sighted the vehicle. The chap told me today to speak to the lbl company to come up with a solution this week or they would report the car stolen to the police in order to have me arrested and the vehicle seized.    My mental health has taken a hammering over this (it wasn’t great in the first place, hence the reckless financial decisions) and I fear this could push me over the edge. No car, no job, no house. I know I’ve only got myself to blame but any help would be hugely appreciated.   The loan is via bill of sale however I still have the actual log book.    many thanks 
    • use pdfreducer in upload once the multipage file is compiled 
  • Our picks

ecxh

some questions i've about RLP. PLS HELP!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2210 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

I was caught shoplifting at boots a few months back (which i'm not proud of).

As i was leaving the shop, a plain-clothes officer stopped me and told me to follow him back to the store.

I agreed, knowing what i had done.

Along with him, there was a security officer who took down my particulars such as my name, my current college as well as my address.

They decided not to call the police and told me to sign the RLP form as well as the ban from the store.

Apart from that, they also made racist remarks on my ability to read or write.

As i'm a international student studying in the UK and was about to leave the county for a school break back to my homeland,

i could not pay within 21 days, which was the requirement they had given me.

I called up RLP and requested if they could reduce the amount as i'm not 18 and whether a delay the payment was possible as i wouldn't be in the country for a few months.

They agreed on my request to delay the payment for a few months and reduce the amount to £145 .

Also, i told them that the address i had previously given them was a temporary address and i would update them my new address when i am back in the country.

Reading through the forums, many people have said that not a single cent should be given to them,

however i still have a few questions i would like to clarify.

1. As i'm about to renew my visa this july, will the RLP have any effect on the application?

2. Also, should i update them my new address and number when I'm back in the country?

3. If i do not update them, will they be able to track me down?

3. Will boots charge me in court if i refuse to pay up?

All advices are welcome. thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

As i was leaving the shop, a plain-clothes officer stopped me and told me to follow him back to the store.

Along with him, there was a security officer who took down my particulars such as my name, my current college as well as my address.

They decided not to call the police and told me to sign the RLP form as well as the ban from the store.

As i'm a international student studying in the UK and was about to leave the county for a school break back to my homeland,

I called up RLP and requested if they could reduce the amount as i'm not 18 and whether a delay the payment was possible as i wouldn't be in the country for a few months.

They agreed on my request to delay the payment for a few months and reduce the amount to £145 .

Also, i told them that the address i had previously given them was a temporary address and i would update them my new address when i am back in the country.

Reading through the forums, many people have said that not a single cent should be given to them,

1. As i'm about to renew my visa this july, will the RLP have any effect on the application? - NO!

2. Also, should i update them my new address and number when I'm back in the country? - NO!

3. If i do not update them, will they be able to track me down? - poss but ignore them!

3. Will boots charge me in court if i refuse to pay up? - NO!

you've made the classic mistake thinking these people have ANY standing in the legal system

THEY DO NOT!

totally ignore them now

and stay off the phone!

they are NOT bailiffs

they have NO legal powers

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

RLP, in plain english are con artists. They exist purely to make people think they are part of the legal system and you have to pay them.

In reality they have as much right to ask you for money as i do right now, in regards to you shoplifting.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

don't tell them your new address, it wont affect your visa, don't pay them, don't contact them, they may track you down but ignore them, and Boots wont take you to court, so all in all put it behind you and don't do it again

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

hi mate,

i am in the same situation as you were in June. Applying for citizenship and got RLP couple of months back. Was wondering if you disclose or not about this incident in the Good character questions and if not, whether it was disclosed by RLP or whether it did come up?

Hi guys,

1. As i'm about to renew my visa this july, will the RLP have any effect on the application?

2. Also, should i update them my new address and number when I'm back in the country?

3. If i do not update them, will they be able to track me down?

3. Will boots charge me in court if i refuse to pay up?

RLP are NOTHING to do with the UK legal system. You dont have to declare ANYTHING they say to you. The police and courts are the way to deal with shoplifters. NOT a private company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for quick reply. There is a question in the citizenship form (FORM AN), point 3.8, it says "3.8 Do you have any civil judgments against you or any civil penalty under the UK Immigration Acts?"

Here my concern is whether this fine is classified as Civil Penalty or not. If it is, then do we not need to declare it?

Ignore. A civil penalty is still dealt with through the courts. As i already said, RLP are nothing to do with the legal system, otherwise everyone could issue civil penalties against everyone else.

Just state NONE

Civil penalties are things like CCJ's etc.

Edited by renegadeimp