Arrow/Restons - Returned CCA £1 debt

kp278
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I fired of a CCA request to Restons who were chasing me for a debt.

I received a reply from Arrow (with my £1 postal order returned) with the following text:

We thank you for your letter addressed to Restons Solicitors and passed for our attention as assignees of the debt. We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the originating creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.

I have an earlier letter from Restons confirming the debt was assigned to Arrow in 2011 and I should have received a Notice of Assignment. To me, that means Arrow should be responsible for providing the CCA. Are they just trying to worm out of their responsibilities, or are they right? I figure I can't CCA HSBC as they no longer have control of the debt.

Thanks, Kristian

No point in that, if anything send a SAR to HSBC very little data is supplied to the debt purchaser when the creditor sells a debt,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: